THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions F22 Instrument Cluster Retrofit

08-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
Nachyomama
Registered
Rep
Drives: F22

F22 Instrument Cluster Retrofit

Hey all, I'm looking to see if anyone has tried out any third party instrument clusters that are mostly or all digital. I know there's the ability to swap in the LCI cluster but I'm looking to take it a step further. Coming from Audi, my cluster feels very outdated. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
Vroomtuber
Registered
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachyomama View Post
Hey all, I'm looking to see if anyone has tried out any third party instrument clusters that are mostly or all digital. I know there's the ability to swap in the LCI cluster but I'm looking to take it a step further. Coming from Audi, my cluster feels very outdated. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

I just asked bimmertech about this the other day and it seems that there is only a 6WA option no fully digital 6WB available. Unless you really like the look it'll be just cosmetic. We won't get any additional features like oil temp (for the pre LCI).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 06:21 AM   #3
BRTK.
Rep
Drives: BMW M240xi

So not to create a new thread I have one question.
I have just retrofitted LCI instrument cluster. Everything works just fine apart from one annoying thing. While driving at night it is too bright for me so not conformable at all. only thig that is changing is arrow color from white to orange, but everything else remain white and very bright.

Of course you can adjust the brightness with with scroll next to the light switch, but in this case it dims everything else as well, which is not what I want.

Is there a way to dim just instrument cluster for the night driving ?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 04:28 PM   #4
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRTK. View Post
So not to create a new thread I have one question.
I have just retrofitted LCI instrument cluster. Everything works just fine apart from one annoying thing. While driving at night it is too bright for me so not conformable at all. only thig that is changing is arrow color from white to orange, but everything else remain white and very bright.

Of course you can adjust the brightness with with scroll next to the light switch, but in this case it dims everything else as well, which is not what I want.

Is there a way to dim just instrument cluster for the night driving ?
Did you have the extended cluster to begin with? Or basic kombi?
      09-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #5
BRTK.
Rep
Drives: BMW M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingling View Post
Did you have the extended cluster to begin with? Or basic kombi?
both are extended
Appreciate 0