THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery M240i xDrive Pricing

02-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
dirty_denim86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

M240i xDrive Pricing

I have been look at the used market for a 2-3 year old 240i xDrive not much as far as inventory here out not to mention my wish list doesn't make it easier. to find one. I decided to send out some feelers to some local dealerships to see what kind of incentives and discounts I could get off of MSRP.

My wish list is:
- Black Dakota Leather
- Premium Package Enhanced (Mostly for the HK stereo system)
- M Performance Exhaust

Full MSRP (all taxes and fees) is $73186.71 (CAD)

Had two dealers come back with prices of around $70,000 (CAD) which is about 4% without incentives (because apparently right now there are none). After reading the forum for a few days I see that most owners that buy new are getting 5-10% without incentives. I'm still sold on buying used but as I mentioned stock around here seems to be pretty slim I guess not many leases have come back yet and the people that buy these cars rarely exchange them.

If I was to buy brand new when is the best time to buy?

What are some of the options you consider must haves and some that you would do without?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
BMWHoosier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

While opinion varies, I find the best deals are straight factory orders. Given as many dealers a build code and let them bid against each other and let them know they are doing so. Use as many as you are willing to go to do pick it up...and maybe more if you feel like bluffing.

I had to convert CAD to USD but I would not be impressed with the deals you have been offered so far. Otherwise, I don't know much about the Canadian market....maybe someone else will chime in on that.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
dirty_denim86
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWHoosier View Post
While opinion varies, I find the best deals are straight factory orders. Given as many dealers a build code and let them bid against each other and let them know they are doing so. Use as many as you are willing to go to do pick it up...and maybe more if you feel like bluffing.

I had to convert CAD to USD but I would not be impressed with the deals you have been offered so far. Otherwise, I don't know much about the Canadian market....maybe someone else will chime in on that.
Yeah that is a great idea...I build one out online and sent out a few emails.

Best I have so far is 4% off MSRP definitely not enough for me to stop looking in the used market.

I guess I might just have to keep looking on the used market one issue I am seeing on the Canadian Market is there are a lot of red interiors so I may have to open up to that idea if I want to get the HK system.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #4
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
The reason why you're not getting any significant discount is because dealers don't have a lot of allocations to begin with nor do they want them because 2 Series don't sell. Even the bigger dealers volume in the GTA don't have many if at all. If you want the 7% that everyone seems to be aiming for, your best bet is to take an in-stock vehicle.

dirty_denim86 PM me.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 08:10 AM   #5
dirty_denim86
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
The reason why you're not getting any significant discount is because dealers don't have a lot of allocations to begin with nor do they want them because 2 Series don't sell. Even the bigger dealers volume in the GTA don't have many if at all. If you want the 7% that everyone seems to be aiming for, your best bet is to take an in-stock vehicle.

dirty_denim86 PM me.
Very good information I will take a look at their inventory to see if anything hits my wish list and see what kind of discounts are available.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #6
dirty_denim86
Enlisted Member
Rep

I found a brand new (listed at 1KM) 2020 BMW M240i with the specs I'm looking for retailing for $63,000 (CAD).

Does anyone know when they might be eager to start pushing out the 2020 inventory? I feel like now is as good a time as ever to purchase an inventory vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:46 PM   #7
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_denim86 View Post
I found a brand new (listed at 1KM) 2020 BMW M240i with the specs I'm looking for retailing for $63,000 (CAD).

Does anyone know when they might be eager to start pushing out the 2020 inventory? I feel like now is as good a time as ever to purchase an inventory vehicle?
If you found exactly what you're looking for, you might as well get it.

m240 inventory is ALWAYS slim to none.

I spoke with a pro car broker (the guy who writes for jalopnik) when looking for mine and he basically told me to be ready to buy one if I found it, and that price negotiation was going to be a pipe dream.

That is exactly how it played out, to the T.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
TropikThunder
Private
Rep
Drives: current: 330i next: x3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWHoosier View Post

Reviving old thread, I know, but I'm new here. By build code, you mean the alphanumeric code you get when configuring a custom build on the website, correct? I know in hind sight that really does sound like a Captain Obvious question.

I'm looking to order one next spring ahead of the expected 2021 MY EOP in 06/21, so I have time, but I want to gather as much info now as possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 07:21 PM   #9
BMWHoosier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
Reviving old thread, I know, but I'm new here. By build code, you mean the alphanumeric code you get when configuring a custom build on the website, correct? I know in hind sight that really does sound like a Captain Obvious question.

I'm looking to order one next spring ahead of the expected 2021 MY EOP in 06/21, so I have time, but I want to gather as much info now as possible.
Yep.
Appreciate 0