THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Sim Racing Bimmerpost iRacing League is up!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-16-2022, 09:12 PM   #1
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Bimmerpost iRacing League is up!

The Bimmerpost iRacing League is live! Please join our discord https://discord.gg/dnHVAt8D

if you're interested in joining please message me your customer ID (found in your profile). I will invite you and put your username as your nickname.

We've just had our first run on 11/22/22 and everyone except for one was out on track - great session!

All skill levels are welcome

Last edited by NYG; 11-23-2022 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 09:33 PM   #2
br438
Second Lieutenant
337
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: 2022 X30 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

I love this! - I played Legends of F1... (a corporate precursor to iRacing.com) a lot way back in the day. ... 1967 the last year before downforce became a thing.

Love this!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-16-2022, 09:37 PM   #3
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
I love this! - I played Legends of F1... (a corporate precursor to iRacing.com) a lot way back in the day. ... 1967 the last year before downforce became a thing.

Love this!
Who doesn't love a Lotus?

Do you still sim race?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 09:49 PM   #4
br438
Second Lieutenant
337
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: 2022 X30 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Who doesn't love a Lotus?

Do you still sim race?
I have not in years. Funny though - legends was so amazing, I still have (2) copies of the game (on Disc). hahahhaa.... Don't have a computer to run it.

I just went to iRacing.com... looking at it. That's where I pulled that image. I'll mull it over. I don't have a FF wheel either - would probably need to invest heavily.
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-16-2022, 09:55 PM   #5
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
I have not in years. Funny though - legends was so amazing, I still have (2) copies of the game (on Disc). hahahhaa.... Don't have a computer to run it.

I just went to iRacing.com... looking at it. That's where I pulled that image. I'll mull it over. I don't have a FF wheel either - would probably need to invest heavily.
Not a bad way to spend money though.
Appreciate 1
br438336.50
      11-17-2022, 04:10 AM   #6
E93_Savage
Private First Class
151
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: 73 240z , 09 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Dont have iracing wish it was assetto.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 10:03 AM   #7
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93_Savage View Post
Dont have iracing wish it was assetto.
ACC is probably my favorite sim but it's unfortunately a terrible multiplayer platform and there's no real way to setup a racing league there without using 3rd party.

iRacing has some discounts right now so if you do decide to give it a trial - I'll be happy to invite you.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 09:59 AM   #8
Mr Pete
Captain
Mr Pete's Avatar
United_States
1270
Rep
909
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, Golf R (daily)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

That was fun running Watkins yesterday. I've actually never driven this circuit before. It's very high speed. I feel like there should be more time for me to find. I got kicked off by my son, sharing a sim rig in a 2 male household is tough haha
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #9
Theruleslawyer
Lieutenant
Theruleslawyer's Avatar
United_States
590
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: 2019 m4
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

The Discord we are using is here-
https://discord.gg/dnHVAt8D

Please join us. Its a lot easier to organize quickly over there and we got to have a chat after last night's session as well.
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #10
Theruleslawyer
Lieutenant
Theruleslawyer's Avatar
United_States
590
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: 2019 m4
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93_Savage View Post
Dont have iracing wish it was assetto.
Even if you only have AC/ACC, you should join our discord. You can probably find people to run pick up races with even if the league nights will be on iracing.
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #11
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
That was fun running Watkins yesterday. I've actually never driven this circuit before. It's very high speed. I feel like there should be more time for me to find. I got kicked off by my son, sharing a sim rig in a 2 male household is tough haha
Was happy to see that you made it on!! You were in the 911 right?

I may have torpedo'd you into the bus stop as well as jfritz27 so for that I apologize but I'll be on better behavior when we run qualifying and races.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #12
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
The Discord we are using is here-
https://discord.gg/dnHVAt8D

Please join us. Its a lot easier to organize quickly over there and we got to have a chat after last night's session as well.
I'll on there starting today for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:03 PM   #13
Mr Pete
Captain
Mr Pete's Avatar
United_States
1270
Rep
909
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, Golf R (daily)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
That was fun running Watkins yesterday. I've actually never driven this circuit before. It's very high speed. I feel like there should be more time for me to find. I got kicked off by my son, sharing a sim rig in a 2 male household is tough haha
Was happy to see that you made it on!! You were in the 911 right?

I may have torpedo'd you into the bus stop as well as jfritz27 so for that I apologize but I'll be on better behavior when we run qualifying and races.
Haha yea that was me!

I tried to get out of the way of faster traffic behind me and someone Latifi'd me haha
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-23-2022, 03:09 PM   #14
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Haha yea that was me!

I tried to get out of the way of faster traffic behind me and someone Latifi'd me haha
Chris in the white R8 was on a mission to Latifi all of us.

I was in the white 488 and I think near the end of the session we got another 488.

The R8 was the popular car of the night though - rightfully so the GT3 version is so nice to drive.

I find that 911 to be tough to drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:16 PM   #15
Theruleslawyer
Lieutenant
Theruleslawyer's Avatar
United_States
590
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: 2019 m4
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Haha yea that was me!

I tried to get out of the way of faster traffic behind me and someone Latifi'd me haha
Chris in the white R8 was on a mission to Latifi all of us.

I was in the white 488 and I think near the end of the session we got another 488.

The R8 was the popular car of the night though - rightfully so the GT3 version is so nice to drive.

I find that 911 to be tough to drive.
I was the yellow 488. I was surprised how easy it was to drive. It must have very heavy driver assist. First time out on watkins glen. I always had it in my head as a nascar track.
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #16
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
I was the yellow 488. I was surprised how easy it was to drive. It must have very heavy driver assist. First time out on watkins glen. I always had it in my head as a nascar track.
I drive with assists off except for racing line during practice sessions. The 488 is a tougher car to nail a lap down with than the R8/AMG but when you get it in a good window it's blistering fast. I had some wins in the Official Ferrari GT3 Challenge series a few months back.


How'd you like the Glen?


Everyone was running really solid laps. I'm going to see if I can download the session results.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:30 PM   #17
Theruleslawyer
Lieutenant
Theruleslawyer's Avatar
United_States
590
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: 2019 m4
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I drive with assists off except for racing line during practice sessions. The 488 is a tougher car to nail a lap down with than the R8/AMG but when you get it in a good window it's blistering fast. I had some wins in the Official Ferrari GT3 Challenge series a few months back.


How'd you like the Glen?


Everyone was running really solid laps. I'm going to see if I can download the session results.
I still need to start figuring out customizing the cars for iracing. Basically hoping in with all defaults at this point. I really wish I could play with the options without having to load up the sim though. It makes following guides really hard, especially in VR.

I like the elevation change. So many tracks out in the midwest are dead flat. 2-3-4-5 is a fun fast combo with the high walls. It looks like it would be terrifying in real life.
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-23-2022, 03:36 PM   #18
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
I still need to start figuring out customizing the cars for iracing. Basically hoping in with all defaults at this point. I really wish I could play with the options without having to load up the sim though. It makes following guides really hard, especially in VR.

I like the elevation change. So many tracks out in the midwest are dead flat. 2-3-4-5 is a fun fast combo with the high walls. It looks like it would be terrifying in real life.
It sure is. Most of the accidents happen at the laces (6), toe (7), between toe (7) and heel (8) and turn (10) which is where I totaled my Corvette. Lots of NASCAR crashes there too.

We'll definitely be running Road America at some point.

jfritz27 suggested we run the next race at LRP with Spec Miata which I think may be a great idea because both come with the game and although Spec Miata is dreadfully slow, they have no grip and are great to practice on.

Either way, I want to set this up so that we have an official race season and then on discord we can all coordinate additional practice sessions whenever a bunch of us are free.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 08:44 PM   #19
Mr Pete
Captain
Mr Pete's Avatar
United_States
1270
Rep
909
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, Golf R (daily)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

The mid engine cars are a bit easier to drive fast, for me. At least the Ferrari GT cars are. The 911's are a bit of a pain, but very satisfying when I can put a solid time down. I push myself to drive the 911's because I figure it will only help me drive the other cars. I still suck at it, but I enjoy the piss out of it haha
Appreciate 1
NYG8797.50
      11-28-2022, 10:34 AM   #20
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Mr Pete Theruleslawyer OneAnOnlyOC jfritz27 torpeteo Ck1720

Poll is up on discord channel #game-nights for scheduling - please make sure you vote on days/times you are available so that I can accommodate everyone for race schedule.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #21
jfritz27
Captain
jfritz27's Avatar
727
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 CS
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

What are you guys running for wheel/pedal setups? I've only had this Logitech G29... definitely don't want to drop the $$ now as I've been spending it elsewhere, but for those with comparison experience, would something like a CSL DD + CSL pedals w/ load cell be "leaps and bounds" better?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #22
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
8798
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
What are you guys running for wheel/pedal setups? I've only had this Logitech G29... definitely don't want to drop the $$ now as I've been spending it elsewhere, but for those with comparison experience, would something like a CSL DD + CSL pedals w/ load cell be "leaps and bounds" better?
Compared to the G29 yes, huge leap.

I'm on a T-GT with T-LCM pedals. Planning on making the jump to a fanatec DD setup at some point soon but want to get a nice chassis first.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST