THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions F36 NBT ID6 Retrofit and dealership

11-25-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
giakov
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 420d Gran Coupe

F36 NBT ID6 Retrofit and dealership

Dear all

I am searching some info and advice on an issue I recently had.

I have an F36 from 04/2016 which came with ID4. Since I wanted to have CarPlay which wasn’t available when I bought the car, I searched around and found a company in UK who offered the ID6 plug and play for my car.

I bought it and indeed everything was fine until I had to change the steering rack. This was done at a BMW dealer but I was called by the dealer who said that they cannot program the car including the EPS because the ID6 is not compatible with the configuration of the car. Long story short I ended up buying again an ID4 from the same UK company installed in the car and finally the dealer was able to program the car. You can imagine that all this procedure cost me quite some money.

My question now is: Is there a way to code the car with the ID6 in a way that the dealer won’t have issues programming it in the future or I must stick with the ID4? I would really like to avoid problems in the future in case the car needs repairs from the dealer.

I do have esys and ista+ along with enet but I am not much familiar with coding.

I appreciate any help

Thanks
George
Appreciate 0