THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2021 M240i ordered

05-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #1
peteyrx7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 and 2021 BMW M240I

2021 M240i ordered

I'm very fortunate to have found a still customizable allocation for an M240i. Just locked in a deal this morning.

Time will tell, but reading the tea leaves indicates little chance that anything but the M2 version of the revised 2 series will be offered with a manual transmission.

IMO, the M240 is the best daily/street driver's car in the range while the M2 is best for those who like to track their cars. Given this view, decided to pull the trigger for what I believe will be one of the last non-full m-cars BMW sells in the US with a manual trans.

My spec is:

Alpine White
Coral Leather
Wood trim
Premium Package
Adaptive LED
Cerium wheels with performance non-run flat
and of course, a manual trans

Considered doing LBB with Congac interior but in the end felt that AW with Coral is a more classic look.

Also debated wireless charging and HK sound but forum comments were negative on both. Wanted black kidney grills but they were not available.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:39 PM   #2
60_Driver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6mt vert

Congratulations! Looks like an awesome build!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 10:14 PM   #3
Edisto
Rep
Drives: Acura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyrx7 View Post
I'm very fortunate to have found a still customizable allocation for an M240i. Just locked in a deal this morning.

Time will tell, but reading the tea leaves indicates little chance that anything but the M2 version of the revised 2 series will be offered with a manual transmission.

IMO, the M240 is the best daily/street driver's car in the range while the M2 is best for those who like to track their cars. Given this view, decided to pull the trigger for what I believe will be one of the last non-full m-cars BMW sells in the US with a manual trans.

My spec is:

Alpine White
Coral Leather
Wood trim
Premium Package
Adaptive LED

Considered doing LBB with Congac interior but in the end felt that AW with Coral is a more classic look.

Also debated wireless charging and HK sound but forum comments were negative on both. Wanted black kidney grills but they were not available.
Congratulations! I want one too!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 11:39 PM   #4
peteyrx7
Private
Rep

Just went scheduled for production the day after customizing and pulling the trigger!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #5
BMWHoosier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

Quote:

My spec is:

Alpine White
Coral Leather
Wood trim
Premium Package
Adaptive LED

Wireless charging does add several features beyond wireless charging. No GPS disables many other features. I really think you will get the black kidney grills when it comes. There is nothing "of course" about a manual trans....purely personal preference.

It will be an exciting time when it comes....pure hell waiting.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #6
peteyrx7
Private
Rep

The wait is indeed going to be hell. While I've had a number cars over the years, this is my second time speccing out a car and my first doing so for an enthusiast car.

I spent some time reviewing the pricing and order guides before putting in the order. Admittedly, they are not anywhere near as detailed as the collective knowledge from the forum.

Nav for me was a must, because of the larger screen and added services. Premium package includes NAV so I shouldn't be impacted by GPS related features. From what I understood, skipping the wireless charging drops USB extra port, the wireless charger and mount, reduces power in the USB connection that remains, and limits the car to a single phone connection at a time (though multiple phones can still be paired). Since Apple Car play is now standard, I thought wireless streaming to the car would for one paired device still work, as well as through the single USB port. BMW Connected is also standard.

I don't really care to sign up for hot-spot data services as I have unlimited data on my mobile plan and view the extra data service as redundant. Do I understand things correctly? Is there any other functionality that I lose by not having wireless charging?

My only point on the fence right now is not doing the HK sound, which likely would be dropped by BMW if ordered anyway given chip shortages. I've had several S2000s (including 2000 model year) in the past so have been able to deal with the most terrible of OEM sound systems. I prefer better sound but not sure that it's a big enough lift in this car (or for me personally) to make it worth it.

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 08:53 PM   #7
theserbatron
Private
Rep
Drives: S3 8V --> M240i F22

Congratulations! Looks like a fantastic build.

When I ordered mine, I had to check a box to get the black grills, otherwise I think they have the Cerium finish which should actually match well w your wheels.

The NAV is a good upgrade, IMHO, because the non-NAV screen is punishingly small.

If HK can't get added, tons of aftermarket support to fix that problem.

Can't wait to see the finished result 💪
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #8
BMWHoosier
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Is there any other functionality that I lose by not having wireless charging?
Probably not since you have Apple. If you have Android it is another story. I spend the better part of a month trying to get a simple text message on my display only to find out it was linked to wireless charging. It seems like there was another thing or two but not as many as the missing features from no Nav.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #9
peteyrx7
Private
Rep

Went status 150 today and ultimately decided to add HK sound prior to that. I now have a Vin and the car is due to be produced as ordered (so BMW didn't drop any equipment). Big sigh of relief on that. Now just a simple wait with another 1000 OCD driven status checks on the mybmw site until late July or early august when I'm able to take it home.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 10:59 PM   #10
peteyrx7
Private
Rep

Lots of progress has been made. So far my timeline is as follows:

May 2 - Order accepted
May 3 - Scheduled for production
May 28 - Production begins
June 9 - Exterior body assembly to entering assembly line
June 10 - Entering assembly line to ready for transport
June 11 - Awaiting carrier assignment
June 14 - Dispatch from factory

There's a west coast bound RoRo leaving Bremerhaven on June 18th. I hope my car makes that boat.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:58 PM   #11
BMWHoosier
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

There's a west coast bound RoRo leaving Bremerhaven on June 18th. I hope my car makes that boat.
Best wishes on that. Mine sat in Bremerhaven for a couple of weeks while there were at least of few ships it could have left on.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #12
BCM240
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

This is beautiful! Congrats
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #13
peteyrx7
Private
Rep

Update on status

May 2 - Order accepted
May 3 - Scheduled for production
May 28 - Production begins
June 9 - Exterior body assembly to entering assembly line
June 10 - Entering assembly line to ready for transport
June 11 - Awaiting carrier assignment
June 14 - Dispatch from factory
June 16 - at port (Bremerhaven)
June 29 - in transit (Triton Leader)
July 24 - at port (Port Hueneme)
July 27 - in transit (to dealer)
July 28 - at dealership

Last edited by peteyrx7; 07-29-2021 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #14
peteyrx7
Private
Rep

Took delivery of my M240i and am extremely pleased. I don't have the dead on center feeling that some have posted about. The manual trans linkage isn't as crisp as that of an S2000 or Mazda RX8, but it's not bad. Just feels like a BMW shift linkage, very much like a 135i which I previously owned.

Looking forward to many miles of smiles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 04:45 PM   #15
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Looks great, Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 09:26 PM   #16
theserbatron