THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions BimmerCode

08-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #353
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

So I'm about to purchase Bimmercode and noticed that a lot of you guys have the Vgate. The Bimmercode website is recommending the Veepeak OBDCheck Bluetooth 4.0 because of its high transmission rate, high production quality, and low price. Anyone here using the Veepeak? The Vgate seems to have connectivity issues so I want to stay away from that one. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #354
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Question

Can you use bimmercode and bimmerlink on e series vehicles?

Specifically a e38 2000 7 series. I want to read error codes.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #355
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i

I bought a Vgate iCar 2 Wi-Fi unit last year. It only worked a couple of times before it died; tried it again last night and confirmed its uselessness.

With the discount code and Amazon Prime, I'll be purchasing the Veepeak OBDCheck Bluetooth 4.0 here in a few minutes...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #356
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
I bought a Vgate iCar 2 Wi-Fi unit last year. It only worked a couple of times before it died; tried it again last night and confirmed its uselessness.

With the discount code and Amazon Prime, I'll be purchasing the Veepeak OBDCheck Bluetooth 4.0 here in a few minutes...
Yeah, I've been on the fence between the two and decided to go with the Veepeak since it is recommended by Bimmercode. The 20% discount code for the Veepeak on amazon is OBDCHECK bringing the price down to $23.99

Last edited by hwntime; 08-07-2018 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #357
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
So I'm about to purchase Bimmercode and noticed that a lot of you guys have the Vgate. The Bimmercode website is recommending the Veepeak OBDCheck Bluetooth 4.0 because of its high transmission rate, high production quality, and low price. Anyone here using the Veepeak? The Vgate seems to have connectivity issues so I want to stay away from that one. Thanks in advance!
I use vgate with no issues so far.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #358
714_2er
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M235i

So I coded some things with my vgate Bluetooth yesterday, worked like a charm.

Also my check engine light (caused by my catless dp)is now gone.
This normal?
I’m sure it’ll come back but might as well enjoy the added benefit.lol
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #359
ilikenapalm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Hey guys, kinda new to all of this, so bear with me. I did a whole lot of Googling and searching through this thread and never found a definitive answer.

When coding out ASD with BimmerCode, I end up with some white noise or hissing as it's been described by other people. I have a '16 M235i, ID4 if it matters, build date 05/16. Has anyone come up with a solution to eliminate this hiss entirely? I'm aware of the ASD bypass harness - is that the only option at this point?

Also, is there any way to code EcoPro mode to have the same settings as Comfort Mode, just with the increased engine economy? In other words, is there a way to prevent the car from feeling like a turd everywhere but the engine?
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #360
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

I currently have a Carly adapter and the full pro version of their Android app. It works, but there are some annoying usability issues.
I'm thinking of trying BimmerCode, if it's it's not too expensive.
I see that I can get the recommended OBD adapter for ~24USD, but it's not clear how much the app is. In the description, it says:
In-app Products
$34.99 per item
So, is the app $34.99 and that's it, you can use everything? Or, is it $34.99 for each of various functions or ECUs in the app?
Thanks in advance.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 07:44 AM   #361
aturk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
I currently have a Carly adapter and the full pro version of their Android app. It works, but there are some annoying usability issues.
I see that I can get the recommended OBD adapter for ~24USD, but it's not clear how much the app is. In the description, it says:
In-app Products
$34.99 per item
So, is the app $34.99 and that's it, you can use everything? Or, is it $34.99 for each of various functions or ECUs in the app?
Thanks in advance.
$34.99 gets you everything.
      10-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #362
ilikenapalm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
In-app Products
$34.99 per item
Thanks in advance.
As previously stated, the $34.99 unlocks everything you need.

Also, for what it's worth, this is the adapter I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No issues with connectivity at all. Everything works as it should.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #363
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturk View Post
$34.99 gets you everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
As previously stated, the $34.99 unlocks everything you need.

Also, for what it's worth, this is the adapter I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No issues with connectivity at all. Everything works as it should.
Thanks!
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #364
buster-riley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i 6MT no sunroof

answer to question in the thread.

i have VEEPEAK BLU and it works with iOS 12.1
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 10:06 PM   #365
BPC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

lost my professional coding on last dealer visit. got bimmercode and a bluetooth adapter and recoded everything i wanted in minutes. for half the original cost. and now i can do it whenever i need to in the future. fantastic. easy. if you are on the fence give this a go. doors unlock with off button,. stereo turns off when door is opened. no more seatbelt warning. no more screen warning. so much more too
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #366
buster-riley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i 6MT no sunroof

Bimmercode backup question

I have been coding and restoring options using the backup function. If I do a series of mods can I get back to my original setup by simply using the oldest backup? or do I need to go through the changes and restore them sequentially?

Is my question clear?

will using my original backup undo all my subsequent changes no matter when made?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #367
Bluesmobile
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC View Post
lost my professional coding on last dealer visit. got bimmercode and a bluetooth adapter and recoded everything i wanted in minutes. for half the original cost. and now i can do it whenever i need to in the future. fantastic. easy. if you are on the fence give this a go. doors unlock with off button,. stereo turns off when door is opened. no more seatbelt warning. no more screen warning. so much more too
Same here - I was a little apprehensive that I would screw something up coding my 2015 228i vert as I had read people having challenges with coding the mirror open/close and still have the top open close with either the key fob, comfort close door handles, or internal cabin switch. I used V-gate icar 2 (wifi version) and BimmerCode and had no problems, although it doesn’t look like the m performance screen animation or instrument cluster m designation “took”.

But having mirrors fold/unfold on lock/unlock, doors unlock when ignition turned off, radio off when door opens, door handle lights when in reverse, tire psi and temp displayed, and digital speedometer, were all super easy to code without having to go into the intimidating “too many options + I can’t read German” expert mode.

Last edited by Bluesmobile; 11-27-2018 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 11:30 AM   #368
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmobile View Post
Same here - I was a little apprehensive that I would screw something up coding my 2015 228i vert as I had read people having challenges with coding the mirror open/close and still have the top open close with either the key fob, comfort close door handles, or internal cabin switch. I used V-gate icar 2 (wifi version) and BimmerCode and had no problems, although it doesn’t look like the m performance screen animation or instrument cluster m designation “took”.

But having mirrors fold/unfold on lock/unlock, doors unlock when ignition turned off, radio off when door opens, door handle lights when in reverse, tire psi and temp displayed, and digital speedometer, were all super easy to code without having to go into the intimidating “too many options + I can’t read German” expert mode.
Per Bimmercode customer service, the 228i does not allow for this feature.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #369
Bluesmobile
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Per Bimmercode customer service, the 228i does not allow for this feature.
Good to know - That’s too bad. I thought it would work because after I coded it and the head unit restarted, I saw the animation on screen. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 03:17 AM   #370
MinhPT
Rep
Drives: 218i

I use Bimmercode and Vgate Bluetooth 4.0 to code 2016 F46. I like these:

-Auto-Fold Mirrors on comfort touch lock/unlock --> Use comfort touch but mirrors not auto-fold, how did you code it? Updated: searched in other thread: I need to press 2 secs, I will try

-Door handle lights on during reverse --> No handle lights on during reverse, how did you code it? only one line to change?

- Set "Auto Start Stop" engine disabled as default --> If I turn engine off for short time, "Auto Start Stop" is disable, but if I turn engine off for long time, "Auto Start Stop" is on, how can I fix it?

-DRL 100% at all times --> how can I code it?

Thank you for all sharing with me,
Minh
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #371
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinhPT View Post
I use Bimmercode and Vgate Bluetooth 4.0 to code 2016 F46. I like these:

-Auto-Fold Mirrors on comfort touch lock/unlock --> Use comfort touch but mirrors not auto-fold, how did you code it? Updated: searched in other thread: I need to press 2 secs, I will try

-Door handle lights on during reverse --> No handle lights on during reverse, how did you code it? only one line to change?

- Set "Auto Start Stop" engine disabled as default --> If I turn engine off for short time, "Auto Start Stop" is disable, but if I turn engine off for long time, "Auto Start Stop" is on, how can I fix it?

-DRL 100% at all times --> how can I code it?

Thank you for all sharing with me,
Minh
-Lighting > Door handle LED's while in reverse

-Auto start stop function > Auto start stop function off by default

-Daytime driving lights > Daytime driving lights mode

Now if you've done all these things, are you actually entering it in one at a time. You can't code all at once and then enter it in one batch. Each line has to be entered separately. Your car should reset with every code entered.
Appreciate 1
MinhPT3.50
      12-05-2018, 10:12 PM   #372
MinhPT
Rep
Drives: 218i

Quote:
-Lighting > Door handle LED's while in reverse

-Auto start stop function > Auto start stop function off by default

-Daytime driving lights > Daytime driving lights mode

Now if you've done all these things, are you actually entering it in one at a time. You can't code all at once and then enter it in one batch. Each line has to be entered separately. Your car should reset with every code entered.
Thank you for showing me,

-Lighting > Door handle LED's while in reverse --> OK if the interior light is not manually turn off.

-Auto start stop function > Auto start stop function off by default --> not OK. I had coded "driving mode" settings default to “Eco pro”, is it conflict with "Auto start stop function"

One code I tried but failed:
Blinking turning light: set number of blinks to 5 instead of default 3 blinks during turn signalling.
In Bimmercode app, there is option to choose 1, 3 and 5, but, if I chosen 5 and return to code, it change to 1, that means, I can code 1 or 3 times for this function.
Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks,
M
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #373
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for showing me,

-Lighting > Door handle LED's while in reverse --> OK if the interior light is not manually turn off.

-Auto start stop function > Auto start stop function off by default --> not OK. I had coded "driving mode" settings default to “Eco pro”, is it conflict with "Auto start stop function"

Blinking turning light: set number of blinks to 5 instead of default 3 blinks during turn signalling.
In Bimmercode app, there is option to choose 1, 3 and 5, but, if I chosen 5 and return to code, it change to 1, that means, I can code 1 or 3 times for this function.

Thanks,
M
I'm not sure with that but it could be the cause so try going back to default on the Driving Mode and recode Auto Start Stop Function by default.

I never drive in ECO unless I'm on the freeway. Giving up driving enjoyment to save 15-20 miles per fill up is not worth it to me. I tried driving strictly in ECO for a full tank and it gave me a whopping +18.2 miles so I basically saved $3. Not worth it! Why by a great driving car if you're only going to ECO it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #374
Bluesmobile
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks,
M
I think read somewhere that this is no longer an option... can anyone confirm?
Appreciate 0