THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Update idrive SW - usb not detected

08-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Kiloptero
Rep
Drives: M240i 2018 White alpine

Update idrive SW - usb not detected

Hi all! I'm trying to update my idrive
The usb is formatted in fat32
Only 1 file in the root directory.. but the software update stage can't detect the usb
But the car detect the usb.. weird.;( any advise ?,
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
Krstof
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14’ BMW M235i

I know its been awhile but figured Id share my experience. I have a 2014 M235 with NEXT nav and it still has the original software/firmware from 2014. I tried updating my software from BMWs website and it did the same thing you mentioned. With out this update my car wont recognize any phone/device plugged in to it new than a 5S iphone. The car just says its incompatible but it does detect my Ipod from 2012. Naturally. From my research BMW no longer updates that website and that software is older than what I already have on my car. If the files are older than what you already have it will not detect the files to install. You have to go to the dealer for the update unfortunately and I have been quoted anywhere from $195 up to $350 for it. So far I've not been able to source any files/info to do the update myself up to this point. I did get to update my maps to the 2019-1 maps on Friday though.
Appreciate 0