THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Racing Seats?

04-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
josem235i
Private
Rep
Drives: E36/F80 M3

Racing Seats?

What's your opinion on racing seats?
Do you think it would look good and would be a good idea?

*I plan on tracking the car alot*
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Depends how much tolerance you have for being uncomfortable on the street vs need for track. Once you start making car into track car becomes less and less useful or fun on the street. Have to make compromises one way or the other.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
skitsos
Police Magnet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i (F22)

You should check this thread out if you want to track the car a lot and retain the "OEM" look/feel along with keeping some daily driving comfort (if it is your daily driver). This will definitely add a better feeling on the track as well. Check out the seat belt mods he did to the OEM seats in his M235i. I also believe that those harnesses can be removed as well, which is great for a daily driver that also takes frequent trips to the track!
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1110227
      04-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by josem235i View Post

Bad idea, first of all racing seats are mostly about crash protection. Your not going to brake hard enough or corner hard enough that you need to keep your butt or thighs cinched in.
There was a time before airbags that a set of Recaro seats was up there with tire and brake uograde for taking your road car on a track but those days are long gone.

The m235 seats I think are very good, be hard to find better in the sftermarket.
If you were actually racing in a competition bolted in seats and roll bar are necessary safety upgrades.

The airbag to seat relationship on the stock car will give you your best protection.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
M_Torx
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by josem235i View Post

Bad idea, first of all racing seats are mostly about crash protection. Your not going to brake hard enough or corner hard enough that you need to keep your butt or thighs cinched in.
There was a time before airbags that a set of Recaro seats was up there with tire and brake uograde for taking your road car on a track but those days are long gone.

The m235 seats I think are very good, be hard to find better in the sftermarket.
If you were actually racing in a competition bolted in seats and roll bar are necessary safety upgrades.

The airbag to seat relationship on the stock car will give you your best protection.

Completely disagree if your going to the track it's a must to strap in or have bucket seats or both I was getting thrown side to side holding on to the wheel every time I took a corner my knees still hurt from hitting side of door and middle I mean unless your driving like a grandma on track or have no idea how to push your car hard