THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning fast N26??

07-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #67
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i THP M-Sport Tech Lig

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz17 View Post
OK so I've reached out to a few different shops and no response so I said fuck it I'll do it myself lol.
So if I'm looking to add a evolution racewerks Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe to my N26 Engine and a plug and play dinan ( the $300 one) but now I'm thinking should I look at a different tuning kit and which ones should I be looking at??? I am think the stage 1 dinan plug and play but IDK and it'd $$$
I would look into the BM3 tune it's a flash tune and very adjustable, I believe it's $600.
Appreciate 1
Pillz1737.50
      08-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #68
Pillz17
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMIAGI View Post
Quote:
OK so I've reached out to a few different shops and no response so I said fuck it I'll do it myself lol.
So if I'm looking to add a evolution racewerks Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe to my N26 Engine and a plug and play dinan ( the $300 one) but now I'm thinking should I look at a different tuning kit and which ones should I be looking at??? I am think the stage 1 dinan plug and play but IDK and it'd $$$
I would look into the BM3 tune it's a flash tune and very adjustable, I believe it's $600.
I just seen this post but yeah I sent with bm3. I'm actually running a stage 2 tune with a catless down pipe
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #69
Chayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just seen this post but yeah I sent with bm3. I'm actually running a stage 2 tune with a catless down pipe
I have a 2015 228i. That's an n20 engine right?

I want to start with some modifications but im not sure on what tune is better. Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #70
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i THP M-Sport Tech Lig

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I want to start with some modifications but im not sure on what tune is better. Any recommendations?
Yes that's an n20 I have a 15 228i as well you will want to go with BM3 for the tune. I'd recommend a catless downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #71
Chayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes that's an n20 I have a 15 228i as well you will want to go with BM3 for the tune. I'd recommend a catless downpipe.
Theres any info about the gains on stock cars?
Appreciate 1
Pillz1737.50
      11-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #72
Pillz17
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Theres any info about the gains on stock cars?
I know I'm late but thanks I went with the stage 2 bootmode with a catless down pipe from vrsf
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 06:19 PM   #73
Sky.F22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228I

Exclamation 2016 bmw 228i m

hey guys, going to a shop in a week to install a few mods any ideas on expected #'s for the 1/4 mile and or power gains?

installing:
BM3 Stage 2 flash
VRSF Catless Downpipe
VRSF HD Intercooler Upgrade
VRSF Chargepipe Upgrade
Intake upgrade

my best run was 14.2 fully stock
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 09:47 PM   #74
SFV818
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i - BM3 Stage 2 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
It's an N26? You will find yourself with limited options, I think, especially as the 4WD will rule out a few, such as performance suspension mods. I suggest talking through your options with a really reputable indie tuner shop. I can certainly recommend one in L.A. Best of luck and keep us posted!
6 years later and I will happily take that indie tuner shop rec lol
Appreciate 0