THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Fabspeed midpipe ?

11-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #1
GrimJaw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Fabspeed midpipe ?

Anyone have the fabspeed midpipe paired with MPE? I'm probably getting the down pipe to pair with my MPE, but wondering if anyone has the midpipe with MPE for comparison
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
Dambro61
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 M235xi (Sold); '07 s2k

You should check out dinan's resonator delete kit. It's pretty much the same end result as fabspeed's midpipe but $300 less.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJaw View Post
Anyone have the fabspeed midpipe paired with MPE? I'm probably getting the down pipe to pair with my MPE, but wondering if anyone has the midpipe with MPE for comparison
I have the Fabspeed midpipe + Fabspeed bypass exhaust system. loud pops downshifts...

Installed Fabspeed full midpipe (fits directly on bypass system) and Fabspeed bypass exhaust system + Fabspeed carbon exhaust tips about 5 months ago. It was build to order and took about 4+ weeks to arrive. I pulled the trigger after wanting this setup for a few years because they had a free shipping deal + member deal over summer. Saved $500 from that. I'm running it with a JB+ tune 100%. I drive hard at times and like to get tail happy.

I went from completely stock OEM to this Fabspeed setup. It sounds amazing and I get comments about it. Start up is loud initially but quiets down when the engine is warm. In eco mode it drives like a regular BMW and isn't too loud, with minimal drone. Sport mode at 2.5k, drone is there but tolerable as I like to listen to Radio news. Sport and Sport+ it now backfires, pops and gargles a lot! It's louder then my M6...I love downshifting on the M235. I would not get DPs with this set up I have as that would be way too loud. The neighbors already told me "I hear you when you wake up in the morning.

Build quality is top notch product. I examined everything before taking to a shop for install. Good quality welds. No issues with it at all.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 1
GrimJaw103.50