THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Nav screen/radio blanking out and resetting

11-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #23
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paposalsa View Post
\

My IDrive screen just blackout today while on reverse for about 30 sec by the time that came back to the original message ...

The bad part is that the factory warranty expired a month ago ... and my extended warranty doesn't cover electronic

These cars is full of problems for being a BMW
Usually when it’s that close and you have a good service record they will ask a goodwill and cover the part cost fully you might need to pay for labor. Also if you agree to chip in at %20 of the cost you will get the parts warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #24
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

UDPATE: So the head unit was replaced and all was good for 1.5 weeks. This past Saturday, the system shutoff and started rebooted again while driving. This happened twice within an hour of each other. Temp was 42 degrees. I text'd my SA and she said to bring the car back in for more diagnostics to try and figure out what the issue is. So back to the dealership again for the 4th time for this issue. So frustrating how many problems this F22 has versus my last 2 BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #25
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
UDPATE: So the head unit was replaced and all was good for 1.5 weeks. This past Saturday, the system shutoff and started rebooted again while driving. This happened twice within an hour of each other. Temp was 42 degrees. I text'd my SA and she said to bring the car back in for more diagnostics to try and figure out what the issue is. So back to the dealership again for the 4th time for this issue. So frustrating how many problems this F22 has versus my last 2 BMW's.

This is my main concern with keeping this car since the factory warranty is gone ... these cars seems to have so many issues
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #26
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paposalsa View Post
This is my main concern with keeping this car since the factory warranty is gone ... these cars seems to have so many issues
Yup, mine especially. I just picked up my car again this morning and this time they said there was an error code with the ASD. I had disabled ASD with Bimmercode about 2 months ago but this issue has been ongoing for 5 months so I know it's not the ASD. So they replaced the screen, then the head unit, and now they're saying it might be ASD. There was no mention of my coding on my car which was all reset to factory default when my head unit was replaced 2 weeks ago. They're saying to monitor and if it reboots again, to remove my USB flash drive which only stores music. They're thinking it might be the USB port causing the issue if it isn't the ASD. Whatever. This car has been nothing but troubles and it's frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #27
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Yup, mine especially. I just picked up my car again this morning and this time they said there was an error code with the ASD. I had disabled ASD with Bimmercode about 2 months ago but this issue has been ongoing for 5 months so I know it's not the ASD. So they replaced the screen, then the head unit, and now they're saying it might be ASD. There was no mention of my coding on my car which was all reset to factory default when my head unit was replaced 2 weeks ago. They're saying to monitor and if it reboots again, to remove my USB flash drive which only stores music. They're thinking it might be the USB port causing the issue if it isn't the ASD. Whatever. This car has been nothing but troubles and it's frustrating.
I just use my USB port for music and a lot of times the iDrive will not recognize it. Before when I only listen to XM which I canceled I didn't have any issues. I truly like this car but things like this makes me think twice about keeping it.
Appreciate 0