THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning misfire on highway

02-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #1
lootman1221
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

misfire on highway

I was driving to home depot last night when I experienced some unusual and what I think could be some major problems. driving down the highway my car started to misfire, bogg heavy and shake is if it was stalling. power loss was substantial in all gears. check engine light was blinking on dash and idrive screen read, "drive moderately, maximum drivetrain output not available. I was a few miles away from my destination at home depot so once I arrived I stopped and did a circle around the car. smoke was pouring out the exhaust tips, smell of burnt oil was present, no smoke under the hood and no visible damage from what I could see with my flashlight. jb4 logs are attached below. I called for a tow to my preferred dealership because I was to scared to drive it. once the tow came, the car did start up immediately, not sure how relevant this info is but just trying to provide what info I can. spark plugs were changed about 19k miles ago, oil changed every 5k and car has 73k miles total. very fun car to drive. hoping repairs are not major such as anything pertaining to engine work. Ive read it could be coils or an exhaust gasket but im no qualified mechanic by any means. waiting for the dealership to check it out because it was closed when I dropped it of. I do have an extended warranty on it for maintenance package and is still CPO. any insight would be great - thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:17 PM   #2
F22Cam
Rep
Drives: ‘15 Bmw M235

Garage List
2015 BMW M235  [9.25]
What was the issue ?
Appreciate 0