THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning engine oil bypass filter

02-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

engine oil bypass filter

I have looked around and done several searches but haven't found anything regarding this subject. I have run amsoil bypass filter systems in the past on some of my older hondas. There really isn't a kit made specifically for the N55 engine but with the oil cooler on the m235i there looks like a good spot to easly tap into a high pressure oil feed to install a universal kit. The units pull about 10% of the engine oil and will filter the entire system several times per hour to 2 microns in size and it would also add about 1 qrt additional oil capacity to the system. Along with that many of the bypass units had a petcock to pull a sample of oil from the engine to have tested and analysed It could be a win esp in a system with no dip stick to even look at the oil. Cleaner oil decrease engine wear, being able to analyse oil to know when it needs to be changed . Is anyone running something like this on their cars if so what unit did you use and where did you tap in the feed and return lines?

Last edited by pmcmtnbkr; 02-11-2020 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0