THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics CarPlay Help

09-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
Scoobystig
Rep
Drives: 220D xdrive Active Tourer Spor

CarPlay Help

Hello all

I have a 2019 LCI active tourer sport with the Entrynav2 head unit and 6.5inch touchscreen

I have the unit out and it does not have the WLAN port in the back so what are my options for CarPlay

Swap the head unit for an entrynav2 with WLAN port ?
Swap the Head unit for a pro version and upgrade to the 8.8inch screen ?
Possible aftermarket idea, but would like to try OEM first

While looking around I have found an 8.8inch screen for the F45 for sale, but cannot find a Evo ID6 head unit for a F45 Active Tourer - however I assume the actual physical head unit is the same for other BMWs - could someone confirm this and maybe I could try searching under that car

Also I would like to understand the possibilities of adding a reverse camera onto the car and deactivating the parking sensors as I have a tow bar fitted which causes them to beep all the time
I don’t have the switch down by the gear stick to switch them off unless I can buy this switch and have it coded in ??

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 05:17 PM   #2
juantg93
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F22

The heads units are the same for all cars.. for example i retrofited in mi f22 a head unit that donor car was a x5. There are many id6 head units for sale.
Appreciate 0