THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Not sure about this wheel/tire setup with a soon to be lowered car

08-14-2022, 11:48 PM   #1
Quinticus
Rep
Drives: 440i m240i

Not sure about this wheel/tire setup with a soon to be lowered car

I am soon to pick up a m240i xdrive. From what i've gathered, a 255 square setup should be possible with a 18x8.5 wheel with negetive camber well into the 2's up front and high 1's in the back and mabye a slightly rolled fender. I'm already used to 255 in the rear rn with a rwd 430i so I'd rather not have to downgrade to a 245 with the square setup on this car.

Now this on stock ride height is all well and good, but I plan on installing KW v3 coilovers. So now im wondering if this setup, which is already pushing it, will run into problems if the car is lowered. Or restrict it from being lowered enough. Not sure exactly how much lowering is normally possible but it seems to be somewhere between half and inch and an inch?

Would appreciate any input, this one has me stumped rn
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 12:30 PM   #2
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

Should be fine as long as your offsets (et35-45ish, may require a small spacer) and alignment are taken into account. What method are you using for front camber? Sometimes with control arms or offset bushings the inner clearance isnt as good as using camber plates.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:53 PM   #3
Jelly_Belly
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Quite a few of the guys run that setup for track with lower suspension. As ZTR points out. You SHOULD be fine. Obviously if you slam the car 4 inches thats another topic.

What id be more concerned about is your car scrapping on leaves. Is the car being setup for track or daily use?
Appreciate 0