THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Launch control issues

01-21-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
daviddebo49M240i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M240i xDrive

Launch control issues

so randomly my m240i xdrive started having issues with launch control. when i initiate it, it says launch control active. it seems like it wants to engage launch but then it starts building more revs and spins the tires without me removing my foot from the brake. Also it gave me a chassis stabilization error i went home checked tpu and ecu codes and nothing came up. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:12 AM   #2
Shadysu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddebo49M240i View Post
so randomly my m240i xdrive started having issues with launch control. when i initiate it, it says launch control active. it seems like it wants to engage launch but then it starts building more revs and spins the tires without me removing my foot from the brake. Also it gave me a chassis stabilization error i went home checked tpu and ecu codes and nothing came up. Any ideas?

So I believe that normally happens when you hold the Launch for more than I think its 3 seconds, It'll start revving past what it was launching it, and if you keep holding it'll spin, this happened to me when I went PS2 on my 335i, just let go of the brake right before you feel to slip or starts revving up again. If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me , thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:10 AM   #3
daviddebo49M240i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadysu View Post
Quote:

So I believe that normally happens when you hold the Launch for more than I think its 3 seconds, It'll start revving past what it was launching it, and if you keep holding it'll spin, this happened to me when I went PS2 on my 335i, just let go of the brake right before you feel to slip or starts revving up again. If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me , thanks.
It seems to happen within 3 seconds I think my rear brakes are too faded to hold it
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:39 PM   #4
Shadysu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
It seems to happen within 3 seconds I think my rear brakes are too faded to hold it
That has happened to me as well, I couldn't hold LC, it kept slipping up while holding the brake as hard as I could and once i changed my brakes, my car was solid on LC and was able to hold till it started revving high. even when my brake pads got less than 50% wear, I noticed slight slipping.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:41 PM   #5
daviddebo49M240i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadysu View Post
Quote:
That has happened to me as well, I couldn't hold LC, it kept slipping up while holding the brake as hard as I could and once i changed my brakes, my car was solid on LC and was able to hold till it started revving high. even when my brake pads got less than 50% wear, I noticed slight slipping.
the fronts hold perfectly fine i just need to change my rears and i think we are good to go ill keep this updated
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 05:46 AM   #6
BRTK.
Rep
Drives: BMW M240xi

So, did you get it solved ?
I am having exact same issue (including chassis stabilization error) and I am leaning towards my brakes as well...

Another thing that I have noticed is sometimes when you release your brake and let the car launch (it will still spin too much and bring that error as well). To me it seems that t-case is too late to react and it will always spin rears more or less...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 12:45 PM   #7
daviddebo49M240i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRTK. View Post
So, did you get it solved ?
I am having exact same issue (including chassis stabilization error) and I am leaning towards my brakes as well...

Another thing that I have noticed is sometimes when you release your brake and let the car launch (it will still spin too much and bring that error as well). To me it seems that t-case is too late to react and it will always spin rears more or less...
Yessir changed my rears and its good! Went ahead and turned launch control off in xhp anyway. Feel as if brake boosting is better being stage 2 and with xdrive! hopefully your issue gets resolved!
Appreciate 0