THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding for BBK Retrofit

06-01-2023, 06:51 PM   #1
LanceM26
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, BMW M240iX

Coding for BBK Retrofit

Hi,

I have recently fitted a cheap BBK solution (I can make a guide for this if there's a lot of interest) to have the 380mm rotor (OEM F8x) up front. I have followed the guide from the F30 forum.

I am able to VO code the SPBR and remove 2NH, but I am unable to edit the rotor sizing in the DSC. I see this instead:

I was expecting to see the numbers like here:

Could it be because my firmware is too new? The version I am running on is November 2021.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 09:36 PM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Your selection is under bremssattel which translates to caliper, whereas the brake rotor size is under bremsschiebe, which translates to brake disc. I wouldn’t expect the brake disc/rotor size to be in the caliper section.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 05:00 AM   #3
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Hi LanceM26,

I have a feeling that the CAFD mapping you are using is too old. This is another way of saying that your firmware is too new. In other words, since the DSC is from 2020, the values that are mapped inside the CAFD file (the one you edit in that view you screenshot) do not correspond to those read by your Launcher (Maybe you use Launcher PRO 3.7 or 2.8.1).

One quick solution (albeit expensive) is to use a CAFD mapping tool that is new enough for you to see values that were introduced in 2020 or in recent years. BimmerUtility is a good example.

If you want you can send me a PM with the CAFD file from your DSC attached and I can tell you if with BimmerUtility I see the values you're looking for. At least, if that is the case, you don't waste 99 USD buying a tool that you don't need.

And yes, the value you are trying to set should be C_Variante_Bremsscheibe_vorne_e.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 10:38 AM   #4
LanceM26
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
Hi LanceM26,

I have a feeling that the CAFD mapping you are using is too old. This is another way of saying that your firmware is too new. In other words, since the DSC is from 2020, the values that are mapped inside the CAFD file (the one you edit in that view you screenshot) do not correspond to those read by your Launcher (Maybe you use Launcher PRO 3.7 or 2.8.1).

One quick solution (albeit expensive) is to use a CAFD mapping tool that is new enough for you to see values that were introduced in 2020 or in recent years. BimmerUtility is a good example.

If you want you can send me a PM with the CAFD file from your DSC attached and I can tell you if with BimmerUtility I see the values you're looking for. At least, if that is the case, you don't waste 99 USD buying a tool that you don't need.

And yes, the value you are trying to set should be C_Variante_Bremsscheibe_vorne_e.
I already bought bimmer utility and cannot see it 😅
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 12:35 PM   #5
boldorider4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM26 View Post
I already bought bimmer utility and cannot see it 😅
Have you tried searching for the value itself like '30/370' or any of those values?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 12:36 PM   #6
LanceM26
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried searching for the value itself like '30/370' or any of those values?
I haven’t, I’m not too experienced with coding. The most I’ve done is vo coded the SPBR. Are you able to give me steps on what to provide you with?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #7
boldorider4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM26 View Post
I haven’t, I’m not too experienced with coding. The most I’ve done is vo coded the SPBR. Are you able to give me steps on what to provide you with?
So if you want me to check your CAFD file you should do the following:
  • Open ESys
  • Connect to VIN
  • Go to Coding section (Expert Mode)
  • from FA panel (top-left) click on Read and activate FA
  • In SVT-Actual section (middle right) click on Read ECU
  • List of ECU should populate lower-left pane
  • Right-Click DSC_CT01 module (or whichever module you're trying to code) and click on Read Coding Data
  • This will generate a CAFD file in the following directory: C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\CAF"
  • Take that file and send it to me as an attachment in a PM
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 01:53 PM   #8
LanceM26
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So if you want me to check your CAFD file you should do the following:

Open ESys
Connect to VIN
Go to Coding section (Expert Mode)
from FA panel (top-left) click on Read and activate FA
In SVT-Actual section (middle right) click on Read ECU
List of ECU should populate lower-left pane
Right-Click DSC_CT01 module (or whichever module you're trying to code) and click on Read Coding Data
This will generate a CAFD file in the following directory: C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\CAF"
Take that file and send it to me as an attachment in a PM
Thanks! I’m at work rn so I’ll let you know.
Appreciate 1