THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Still want an EV?

Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #925
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
My wife and I were looking to move into a pick up truck earlier this year. I took a hard look at the F150 Lighting after seeing some of the ads. I'm not an EV fan and was of the view I'd never buy one but the Lightning had me looking. The range wasn't great, but I thought we might be able to live with that, and then out came the reports about the range dropping below 1/2 with a moderate to light trailer. I live in Canada, we get winter and I on occasion tow. Sorry, the notion of the Lightning stopped right there.

We bought a Ram 1500 ecoDiesel. The thing is brilliant, and it gets better than 30MPG in real world use with 1100Km range. Diesels isn't cheap, but I will likely keep this thing for a long time and I will never have range anxiety.
Sounds like you need a Cyber Truck! Oh wait...
Cos270349.50
Efthreeoh11354.00
      Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #926
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Suggest you look into the EV6 interior vs Tesla. Every single review I've watched said it's better. Maybe it's just advertising, who knows, but it sure seems intriguing. The GT version is also impressive on the power scale, if you're interested in that. We wont get the USA version until next year, but the initial reviews from Countries who currently have it are very impressive. Reviews consistently point out the EV6 is much quieter in the cabin vs the tesla. Again, i've never driven either this is just off reviews.

Said that, I would not buy a year #1 car ever. Too many bugs to work out.
No i know the EV6 has a "nicer" interior than my tesla. Tesla is about simplicity. They are kings at it. A formula that works.

Hell i think the EV6 interior looks better than my M3 interior. This isn't a battle of what interior is better or i wouldn't even get an EV, i would get the new C300 from MB. Now THAT is an insane interior.

Road/tire noise is much improved each year. I have driven a 2020 model 3. It is much louder than my 2022. Although i don't remember what tires were on the 2020.

It's not the perfect EV however it IS the perfect EV when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1.
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #927
G MONEY
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Suggest you look into the EV6 interior vs Tesla. Every single review I've watched said it's better. Maybe it's just advertising, who knows, but it sure seems intriguing. The GT version is also impressive on the power scale, if you're interested in that. We wont get the USA version until next year, but the initial reviews from Countries who currently have it are very impressive. Reviews consistently point out the EV6 is much quieter in the cabin vs the tesla. Again, i've never driven either this is just off reviews.

Said that, I would not buy a year #1 car ever. Too many bugs to work out.
No i know the EV6 has a "nicer" interior than my tesla. Tesla is about simplicity. They are kings at it. A formula that works.

Hell i think the EV6 interior looks better than my M3 interior. This isn't a battle of what interior is better or i wouldn't even get an EV, i would get the new C300 from MB. Now THAT is an insane interior.

Road/tire noise is much improved each year. I have driven a 2020 model 3. It is much louder than my 2022. Although i don't remember what tires were on the 2020.

It's not the perfect EV however it IS the perfect EV when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1.
Yawn X6
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #928
chad86tsi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Pabst Blue ribbon : It's not the perfect beer, however it IS the perfect beer when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1 in "I want to get drunk" cheap beers.

Disclaimer, I do actually buy and drink PBR's, so I can relate to your perspective.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4353.00
      Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #929
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Quote:
Pabst Blue ribbon : It's not the perfect beer, however it IS the perfect beer when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1 in "I want to get drunk" cheap beers.

Disclaimer, I do actually buy and drink PBR's, so I can relate to your perspective.
Plaid, the PBR of cars.

Oops, Model 3 LR, the PBR of cars. Plaid is more like moonshine. Good for one thing.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi515.50
      Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #930
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Hit the Polestar store with a buddy the other day who drives a Model Y. I want to give these cars a fair chance since they aren't Tesla. But the interiors, while obviously nicer, are still not great. Lot of cheap-feeling rubbery material around, cloth seats, etc. Even then it's like $60k. If you want leather seats it hits $70k. Only 260 miles of range, which realistically is probably just 200 miles. Glass roof sure, but no retracting roof that opens (a feature I use daily) because...range. Polestar 2 is a dorky and frumpy lookin ride too, like a higher end Subaru Crosstrek.

I'm just not impressed with Polestar for the price. My buddy asked "why buy this over a Tesla" and the associate made up some bs about how they are targeting the Porsche space of the market Lol. My friend doesn't even like his Model Y and got it as a commuting appliance, so he's open to switching.

Last edited by Germanauto; Yesterday at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #931
chassis
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 X3, M-B GLE350W4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hit the Polestar store with a buddy the other day who drives a Model Y. I want to give these cars a fair chance since they aren't Tesla. But the interiors, while obviously nicer, are still not great. Lot of cheap-feeling rubbery material around, cloth seats, etc. Even then it's like $60k. If you want leather seats it hits $70k. Only 260 miles of range, which realistically is probably just 200 miles. Glass roof sure, but no retracting roof that opens (a feature I use daily) because...range. Polestar 2 is a dorky and frumpy lookin ride too, like a higher end Subaru Crosstrek.

I'm just not impressed with Polestar for the price. My buddy asked "why buy this over a Tesla" and the associate made up some bs about how they are targeting the Porsche space of the market Lol. My friend doesn't even like his Model Y and got it as a commuting appliance, so he's open to switching.
No operating roof in a $70k car?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #932
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
To my knowledge it is fixed on Polestar models, as is the case for the majority of EVs. I think there are just a couple EVs where you actually have a sunroof that can slide open.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #933
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
To my knowledge it is fixed on Polestar models, as is the case for the majority of EVs. I think there are just a couple EVs where you actually have a sunroof that can slide open.
I can't actually think of one. Polestar, Tesla, Porsche, Audi, Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, Ford, even the i3, they're all just fixed glass panels. Maybe the original eTron, not the GT?

Looks the Mach E GT and the Q6 eTron can, and the Nissan Ariya, EV6, XC40 and i4. Guess I was wrong.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto8792.00
      Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #934
G99M5
Major
Rep
Drives: G21 340 + Nissan Leaf 24kWh

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
The Hyundai/Kia E-GMP 800v architecture is current charging king.
only if there is nobody in front of you in the queue and the charger is spec-ed for that power delivery and it's working as intended

but yes I have ordered one ... though getting cold feet ... the V8 M550i looks tempting!
Appreciate 0