THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack ► Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery Thread

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2022, 01:19 PM   #221
JMcLellan
Second Lieutenant
JMcLellan's Avatar
United_States
403
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryPie View Post
Wanting to go 235/40/18 square with 18x8.5 EC-7. Should I go +45 with a 5mm spacer up front? Or +35? I'm slightly concerned about the +35 in the rear poking out too much (front as well). I'll be at stock height for the foreseeable future. Any input is appreciated.
The plus 35 offset in the front with those tires will be fine with no issues. I just put on 8.5 inch ec 7's with 35 offset and 245's on the front of my car. For the rears I recommend doing the higher offset.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 10:40 AM   #222
jLona240
Enlisted Member
22
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Got my KW's and summer wheels/tires on this weekend.

18" EC-7 ET45 with MPS4S 245/35 squared.

Still trying to perfect the ride height though.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2022, 12:10 PM   #223
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryPie View Post
Wanting to go 235/40/18 square with 18x8.5 EC-7. Should I go +45 with a 5mm spacer up front? Or +35? I'm slightly concerned about the +35 in the rear poking out too much (front as well). I'll be at stock height for the foreseeable future. Any input is appreciated.
Either option you listed can work, but I typically recommend the ET45 with 5mm front spacers as it provides a bit more clearance front and rear. ET35 works well if you are running aftermarket HAS kits or coilovers that reduce inner clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo` View Post
Thinking about the FL-5 or SM-10 square and wondering which ET to choose as well.
FL-5 and SM-10 fitments aren't available in the higher offset options that the ARC-8 and EC-7 are so you are really limited to the 18x8.5 ET35 front and rear with those 2 wheel designs.

-Tom
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #224
230iZTR
First Lieutenant
230iZTR's Avatar
242
Rep
396
Posts

Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Reno, NV

iTrader: (0)

Swapped to some new Falken RT660's in 255/40's on my 17x9et42 ARC8-R's. Looks amazing, handles even better. Setup is in this post.
Attached Images
  
__________________
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71Rs, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2022, 06:50 AM   #225
Babyboibluf22
Registered
5
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i RWD
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bay Area CA

iTrader: (0)

My setup! (Aggressive)

Hi guys, I see ya’ll posting your setups and recommendations, I myself visited this page and found it very helpful, so I figured why not make some time to share my own setup with everyone and for those who are interested in going this route.

Keep in mind all these mentioned are all my parts for suspension anything else not mentioned are not installed i.e. spacers, lower control arms etc.

Wheel Setup: Apex FL-05 18x8.5 et35 (Square setup)
Tires: Federals 595rsrr 255/35r18 (Square setup)
Suspension: KW V3’s (not necessary with 245’s square setup but with 255 you might need coilovers)
Front fenders rolled (minor work)

Now note that my setup I had minor front fender done, and coilovers, but through my experience, 245/35r18 (square) works just fine with no other mods but lowering springs. Can adjust rear camber with stock suspension if you choose to do so I believe it can be adjust to around -2 camber. Also, coming from 245 to 255 yes it looks a tiny bit more aggressive but it’s much near identical. So a 245 vs. a 255 setup is just equal in terms of aesthetics.


More content on my Instagram: Babyboiblu_f22
Attached Images
   

Last edited by Babyboibluf22; 07-31-2022 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: Repeated and error typed
Appreciate 3
      08-16-2022, 03:15 PM   #226
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

We're still on the hunt for F22 Volunteers








Paging BMW owners in the Bay area! If you're interested in free professional photos of your car on brand new APEX wheels, we are looking for volunteers for testfiitting and photoshoots! Volunteers will get copies of the photos, a discount on a future set of APEX wheels, and APEX goodies/swag. We've had a number for volunteers respond to our recent Instagram request for brake scanning appointments to help us expand our VS-5RS forged fitments into 1 and 2 series, so a huge thanks goes out to those of you who've already completed this form.

If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our online webform here. Show us what you've got!

If you'd like to take an inside look at what the photoshoots involve, our good friend Blake made a video detailing the process of an 18" photoshoot on his F82 M4 recently:



Another look at the process of shooting an E46 race car with our Creative Director Yo!

__________________
Appreciate 2
      08-18-2022, 12:00 AM   #227
Babyboibluf22
Registered
5
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i RWD
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bay Area CA

iTrader: (0)

This so awesome! We've been waiting for this since the release! Thank you, will be looking forward to see how these new wheels look on 2 series and 1 series! Will it be the most popular fitment 18x8.5 et35 fitment or more aggressive? Either way, can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 01:06 PM   #228
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboibluf22 View Post
This so awesome! We've been waiting for this since the release! Thank you, will be looking forward to see how these new wheels look on 2 series and 1 series! Will it be the most popular fitment 18x8.5 et35 fitment or more aggressive? Either way, can't wait!
Depending on a few of the brake scans and spoke shaping it may be a 18x8.5 ET40 to ensure that it can work on the 1 and 2 series. The final offset will be driven by the design and brake data though which is why we are collecting information on brakes first.

-Tom
__________________
Appreciate 2
      08-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #229
Babyboibluf22
Registered
5
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i RWD
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bay Area CA

iTrader: (0)

Understood, 18x8.5 et40 will surely have a nice fit on the 2's! Would there be possibly a 18x8.5 et30-35 which I would say is more on the Aggressive(et30) - safe/aggressive(et35) side depending on the tires of course. I'm also curious if there's a way to get around the known shallow face 1 of wheels for 2's.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #230
SoftShoe
Private First Class
SoftShoe's Avatar
130
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: '19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Bay Area (SF)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Depending on a few of the brake scans and spoke shaping it may be a 18x8.5 ET40 to ensure that it can work on the 1 and 2 series. The final offset will be driven by the design and brake data though which is why we are collecting information on brakes first.

-Tom
Exciting!
Any timeline predictions you can offer?
(Translation: when do you think we might be able to buy these things?)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 01:37 PM   #231
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboibluf22 View Post
Understood, 18x8.5 et40 will surely have a nice fit on the 2's! Would there be possibly a 18x8.5 et30-35 which I would say is more on the Aggressive(et30) - safe/aggressive(et35) side depending on the tires of course. I'm also curious if there's a way to get around the known shallow face 1 of wheels for 2's.
My goal with these is to offer a single wheel initially that is optimized for the 1 and 2 series and can work on both cars as a square fitment rather than multiple selections. But we'll be getting a survey live in the future after we know what kind of wheels we can produce post brake data.

We have more design freedom with our new forging blanks so there is a possibility of getting more concavity from a wheel with higher offsets. Some limitations still remain but I'm hoping to get some options out with more concavity than this community has seen while still providing a direct fit option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftShoe View Post
Exciting!
Any timeline predictions you can offer?
(Translation: when do you think we might be able to buy these things?)
No idea frankly, we still have a few brake kits to collect and those are holding up the process right now. We've already scanned the 6 piston 135i brakes and we have a scan for the 370mm F22 Msport brakes scheduled for next Tuesday. The last kit we need is the 340mm Msport and once we have that we'll be working with our engineering team to determine what designs would work best given the offsets we want.

I would expect them no earlier than early 2023, but we're doing our best to bring them to market.

-Tom
__________________
Appreciate 1
deathking105.50
      08-26-2022, 09:54 PM   #232
TheMechanix
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW M240i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Depending on a few of the brake scans and spoke shaping it may be a 18x8.5 ET40 to ensure that it can work on the 1 and 2 series. The final offset will be driven by the design and brake data though which is why we are collecting information on brakes first.

-Tom
Are you planning to have a 9.5'' width for the 2s?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 01:27 PM   #233
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMechanix View Post
Are you planning to have a 9.5'' width for the 2s?
That hasn't been determined yet and we'll probably ask about it on an upcoming survey. Making a single wheel for a more versatile square fitment would be much easier from a production standpoint but if we see enough demand for the staggered, we may decide to produce it.

-Tom
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 01:43 AM   #234
ElMeleegy
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Looking forward to the new wheels. Would love to have 245 square fit on 18" wheels with zero other mods.

I personally almost pulled the trigger on ARC 8 17" ET40 8.5 to fit 245 square but realized the brakes on my m235i are fat in the rear and wasnt very happy after I saw how close wheel is to brake calipers.

In 18 inch that would be perfect.

I am also considering fitting staggered wheel size 17" in front and 18" in rear since 17" seem like easiest way to fit 235 or 245 in front with no modifications. so definitely having one 18" wheel would be great.

Are you folks still looking for people to try out the wheels?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #235
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMeleegy View Post
Looking forward to the new wheels. Would love to have 245 square fit on 18" wheels with zero other mods.

I personally almost pulled the trigger on ARC 8 17" ET40 8.5 to fit 245 square but realized the brakes on my m235i are fat in the rear and wasnt very happy after I saw how close wheel is to brake calipers.

In 18 inch that would be perfect.

I am also considering fitting staggered wheel size 17" in front and 18" in rear since 17" seem like easiest way to fit 235 or 245 in front with no modifications. so definitely having one 18" wheel would be great.

Are you folks still looking for people to try out the wheels?
Thanks for the feedback. We've gotten the 2 most important brake kits brought in and scanned (340mm front /345mm rear kit standard on the 6 cylinder cars and optional on the 4 cyl. + 1 series). I'd like to get a scan of the much smaller brakes on the base 2 series though to help us optimize spoke design, but most people have the larger brembo kits. If anyone has a base car with the single piston sliding front calipers and can stop by our office in Pleasanton, we'd love to scan your brakes!

-Tom
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 01:59 PM   #236
Cattanachc12
New Member
11
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW M240
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

I'm looking for some advice on wheel selection.

Bought some AP radical 6 pot calipers and 383mm discs

I need wheels that would clear them and really want Apex ARC-8, i would prefer to stay 18", can anyone point me in the right direction of size and ET to buy. Would prefer not to use a spacer if i can.

My standard 18inch wheels aren't a million miles away from fitting so hoping not to go to big.

Pictures might hopefully help
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #237
Expert@ApexRaceParts
Major General
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
2500
Rep
6,069
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattanachc12 View Post
I'm looking for some advice on wheel selection.

Bought some AP radical 6 pot calipers and 383mm discs

I need wheels that would clear them and really want Apex ARC-8, i would prefer to stay 18", can anyone point me in the right direction of size and ET to buy. Would prefer not to use a spacer if i can.

My standard 18inch wheels aren't a million miles away from fitting so hoping not to go to big.

Pictures might hopefully help
International AP kits are really hard for us to confirm clearances on. EssexParts here in the US provides scaled templates that we can locate inside our wheels for easy verification, but the international AP caliper/rotor combos don't have diagrams that provide the same info. I have data on the 372mm radi-cal kits that Essex sells, but nothing on a 383mm rotor, unfortunately.

-Tom
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 04:10 PM   #238
Cattanachc12
New Member
11
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW M240
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
International AP kits are really hard for us to confirm clearances on. EssexParts here in the US provides scaled templates that we can locate inside our wheels for easy verification, but the international AP caliper/rotor combos don't have diagrams that provide the same info. I have data on the 372mm radi-cal kits that Essex sells, but nothing on a 383mm rotor, unfortunately.

-Tom

Thanks for the reply I have but the bullet and ordered ARC-8 8.5 for the fronts. The standard wheel isnít far away so hoping it will fit

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 11:06 AM   #239
thielepr
Private
12
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinesthesia View Post


Apex ARC8 17 x 8.5 Hyper Black
Michelin PS4S 245/40/17
I wonder if 255/40/17 wonít rub on this wheel setup
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 09:38 AM   #240
tcollier91
Private First Class
39
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: M240i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Is there any ETA on ec7r restock (satin black) in our sizes? Are more sizes going to become available in the vs-5rs besides 17s?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 12:32 PM   #241
Vegas1
New Member
Vegas1's Avatar
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: '17 M240i 'vert &'14 Merc C300
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Our customer Joseph sent in some photos of his M235i running a staggered setup we haven't seen much of in the past. He reported that with the Michelin AS4 tires and eibach lowering springs, he has not experienced any rubbing with the 18x9.5" ET45 wheel.

APEX Wheel Fitment Specs:
  • Front: 18x8.5" ET35 Forged ARC-8Rs with 225/40-18 Michelin AS4 tires
  • Rear: 18x9.5" ET45 Forged ARC-8Rs with 255/35-18 Michelin AS4 tires
  • Suspension: Eibach lowering springs with stock alignment specs

Owner's Instagram: @Joseph.darco









I'm getting my Eibach springs w/Dinan bumpstops installed on my BSM F23 tomorrow! Thanks for the pics. The drop looks just right. Really like the Apex EC-7's but can't seem to find them in Bronze. Should be ready for some custom wheels come tax refund time.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 01:19 PM   #242
jaybirdm240
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: bmw m240
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: jacksonville

iTrader: (0)

Anyway to get the vrs-5rs on the f22? Are you guys making more figments for that rim?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST