THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW My Garage doesn't show a full configuration

11-19-2022, 03:17 PM   #1
zestyorange
Cars Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, X1 2023

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [0.00]
BMW My Garage doesn't show a full configuration

Hi guys, I recently put an order for X1.
I used a production number to track the production progress via My Garage. The car was recently scheduled for production.

But I noticed that My Garage interface only displays paint color and interior leather option. I did a custom order with a whole bunch of changes like wheels, trim, premium package etc.

So, my question: is it normal to show limited information on that page or should I call dealership and figure this out? Also, the BMW website is quite unstable and often doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 05:06 PM   #2
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

It's not normal, typically, but it's been like that a few months now. Few threads on it, where everyone else just agrees it's cocked up. You can call or email BMW Genius and get your full order info. Or your CA can provide it, depending how energetic and motivated... or not.

All BMW web sites are great examples of poor project management and web design/implementation. The most recent addition was a new visualizer for accessories which is just laughably bad. It's almost like they exposed a dev/QA version, but no, it's unfortunately real.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 07:24 PM   #3
zestyorange
Cars Newbie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [0.00]
I reported the bug to Genius and also asked about production.

>>All BMW web sites are great examples of poor project management and web design/implementation.

I noticed. Compared to the other places, it still looks solid. I have been looking at other brands and those websites are terrible despite the sales volume. I guess they don't want to make websites better because more people can shop online and compare what they are going to get for the money. It is much easier to talk people into the buying at the dealership than convince online.

>> new visualizer for accessories

I just tried it. X1 is not even there yet. I agree, there is definitely a disconnect between different parts of the website.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 08:52 PM   #4
zestyorange
Cars Newbie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [0.00]
I think I figured out how to fix BMW My Garage. I deleted everything that is relevant to bmwusa.com - cookies, localStorage and sessionStorage content.
In the Firefox it is done via "Forget about the site" in context menu, which pops up in History view.
Appreciate 1
ppointer743.00
      11-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #5
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
If you use Chrome, you can install this "BMW MyGarage Chrome Trick" Chrome extension which a fellow forum member created. It lists out all the options you have selected on your car as well as the status code it's in. If you decide to install it, just pin it, and then click the roundel once you load up mygarage and you should see all your options and status code populate.

Looks like this:
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  116.5 KB

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...YaAksmEALw_wcB

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2022, 07:36 PM   #6
zestyorange
Cars Newbie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [0.00]
Quote:
BMW MyGarage Chrome Trick
Nice extension!

I've got response from the genius. Everything is fine, the car config is fine. It is simply My Garage doesn't show everything.

I guess all cars manufacturers have those problems with websites. I checked Porsche and images won't even load on the main page.

I guess if BMW will invest a little bit more into the website and cars presentation they would get more sales.
Appreciate 0