THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Andream Aux Quality is horrible?

10-20-2022, 01:47 PM   #1
jaximointhecut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Andream Aux Quality is horrible?

Hello,

I installed an andream unit (full unit) and replaced my factory iDrive. For the default car interface, Bluetooth and USB sound perfect.

When I switch to Aux and actually use the CarPlay, the Audio is distorted and the bass is extremely heavy. I've tried to mess with the EQ settings but I just can't listen to the horrible quality. Does anyone have this unit or have a workaround for this? I'd like to use CarPlay navigation and the default audio sound, but it always switches to Bluetooth (via CarPlay) when I do this…
      10-20-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Maybe someone in the Audio/Electronics section has discussed this. Check:
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=520

Good luck!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
Kefirux
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F22 228i

I have the same unit. The workaround is to automatically switch to bluetooth audio when it connects to CarPlay:
Go to AppStore and download Shortcuts then (you need to be connected to BMW):
Automation - New ("plus" button on top) - Create Personal Automation - CarPlay - Connects (check) - Next - Add Action - Change Playback Destination - Click "iphone" and change it to your BMW's bluetooth - Next - Uncheck "Ask Before Running" - Done
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2022, 12:18 PM   #4
jaximointhecut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefirux View Post
I have the same unit. The workaround is to automatically switch to bluetooth audio when it connects to CarPlay:
Automation - New ("plus" button on top) - Create Personal Automation - CarPlay - Connects (check) - Next - Add Action - Change Playback Destination - Click "iphone" and change it to your BMW's bluetooth - Next - Uncheck "Ask Before Running" - Done
I'll try this, thank you!

Edit:

It worked!!! Thank you so much! Even works in reverse. You're the man!
      01-11-2023, 09:35 AM   #5
jaximointhecut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefirux View Post
Do you by any chance have the issue where maps or Waze doesn’t have sound through CarPlay? I tried messing with the settings but couldn’t get it done. It works on the OEM BMW connection, but not CarPlay
      03-06-2023, 11:10 AM   #6
devioushaikuzero
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Fixing andream audio quality

Could you elaborate further on the steps you used to solve the terrible audio quality problem?

I try to connect to the integrated bluetooth, but somehow the andream unit is still the output from the phone. I have a 2013 CIC F30 328i. The audio quality is so, so bad.

I see you mention using an automation script to send certain audio to certain bluetooth connections. Could you elaborate further on that?

You have it connect to integrated bluetooth for audio output and then for carplay/android auto, you have it go through the andream bluetooth?

Any help or clarification is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 09:47 AM   #7
jaximointhecut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devioushaikuzero View Post
Could you elaborate further on the steps you used to solve the terrible audio quality problem?

I try to connect to the integrated bluetooth, but somehow the andream unit is still the output from the phone. I have a 2013 CIC F30 328i. The audio quality is so, so bad.

I see you mention using an automation script to send certain audio to certain bluetooth connections. Could you elaborate further on that?

You have it connect to integrated bluetooth for audio output and then for carplay/android auto, you have it go through the andream bluetooth?

Any help or clarification is appreciated.
Which part exactly are you stuck on? The concept is that when you download the “shortcuts” app, you create a script that overrides CarPlay’s default audio output. So all you really have to worry about is making sure Bluetooth is connected to the OEM BMW side of audio detection.

Once you connect to CarPlay, the script/setting from the shortcuts app automatically runs so that you visually see CarPlay, but the audio is coming from the OEM BMW Bluetooth connection.
Attached Images

03-27-2023, 01:42 AM   #8
Kefirux
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F22 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaximointhecut View Post
Do you by any chance have the issue where maps or Waze doesn’t have sound through CarPlay? I tried messing with the settings but couldn’t get it done. It works on the OEM BMW connection, but not CarPlay
I always keep my maps silent, so I don't know. But I can test it if you want.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 09:04 PM   #9
Dio781
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i Xdrive

Quote:
Hello,

I installed an andream unit (full unit) and replaced my factory iDrive. For the default car interface, Bluetooth and USB sound perfect.

When I switch to Aux and actually use the CarPlay, the Audio is distorted and the bass is extremely heavy. I've tried to mess with the EQ settings but I just can't listen to the horrible quality. Does anyone have this unit or have a workaround for this? I'd like to use CarPlay navigation and the default audio sound, but it always switches to Bluetooth (via CarPlay) when I do this…
[QUOTE=jaximointhecut;29723484]Do you by any chance have the issue where maps or Waze doesn’t have sound through CarPlay? I tried messing with the settings but couldn’t get it done. It works on the OEM BMW connection, but not CarPlay

Did you ever figure out a way to get the Waze or Maps sound to work ?
Having the same issue after installing Andream mmi box, the audio quality is awful
On my NTB 2016 f10
Thank you
      10-07-2023, 10:50 PM   #10
jaximointhecut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Dio781;30550063]
Quote:

Did you ever figure out a way to get the Waze or Maps sound to work ?
Having the same issue after installing Andream mmi box, the audio quality is awful
On my NTB 2016 f10
Thank you
Unfortunately not. The fix the other poster mentioned works great for the audio quality issue though.