THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Dealer pre-delivery inspection (PDI) - how long ?

03-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Dealer pre-delivery inspection (PDI) - how long ?

To those who currently already own 2ers, how long did your car spend at the dealership. i.e. from the time it reached the dealership on the truck to the time it was ready for pickup - how long ?

My CA said 2-3 days, but I call BS. Airbus A380s are inspected and declared airworthy in a matter of hours (or else, the airline business would go bankrupt), I'm sure a BMW M235i can be inspected in less time.
      03-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
To those who currently already own 2ers, how long did your car spend at the dealership. i.e. from the time it reached the dealership on the truck to the time it was ready for pickup - how long ?

My CA said 2-3 days, but I call BS. Airbus A380s are inspected and declared airworthy in a matter of hours (or else, the airline business would go bankrupt), I'm sure a BMW M235i can be inspected in less time.
Your passion about your M235i has much to do with why this car was engineered to be as fun as it is BMW loves that passion

Yeah I call on the 2-3 day PDI. That's crazy. I'd imagine they have some idea how anxious you are to receive your new car and by all rights you should be bro. I would politely remind him that he's the same person that will ask you to provide all excellent responses in the customer satisfaction survey you'll receive after the sale. The dealership will request you give them a 100% on the survey.

Getting one's car delivered in a timely manner can help make one feel 100%
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post
Your passion about your M235i has much to do with why this car was engineered to be as fun as it is BMW loves that passion

Yeah I call on the 2-3 day PDI. That's crazy. I'd imagine they have some idea how anxious you are to receive your new car and by all rights you should be bro. I would politely remind him that he's the same person that will ask you to provide all excellent responses in the customer satisfaction survey you'll receive after the sale. The dealership will request you give them a 100% on the survey.

Getting one's car delivered in a timely manner can help make one feel 100%
Thanks man.

Hell yeah, that's the only thing I have on my side - the customer satisfaction survey.

Tell you what, man - they can play all the games they want now. I will have them by the balls when I get that survey in my hand.

It may be too soon to criticize them, to be fair. They may just be playing it safe. Let's see how it goes.

It's nice to know I have that ace up my sleeve.
      03-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:

Mine was ready a few hours after arriving at the dealer....I mean what would take 2-3 days?
      03-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #5
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwheels View Post
Mine was ready a few hours after arriving at the dealer....I mean what would take 2-3 days?
Thanks !

He says there's some long checklist of things ... thinks I'm a fuckin jackass. 2-3 days for them to slack off is what it is.

I'm gonna call him back, if it comes to that, and let him know that others have reported receiving their cars in hours.
      03-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

My dealership received my vehicle at 2 pm and was ready for me the next morning for pick up.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #7
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
My dealership received my vehicle at 2 pm and was ready for me the next morning for pick up.
Thanks, 1 business day is reasonable.
      03-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #8
PHX767
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

I fly airbuses. Hope they look them over a little closer than that.
Appreciate 2
Miata1385.50
      03-12-2015, 01:06 AM   #9
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX767 View Post
I fly airbuses. Hope they look them over a little closer than that.
Ah, I did suspect you're a pilot. I thought the 767 in your username refers to a Boeing 767, and PHX is the airport code for Phoenix.

Well, what I meant was the inspections between flights are relatively short. Of course the inspections done every few thousand flight hours are different. I was referring to the more short-term inspections.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-12-2015 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #10
inktomi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII M235i

I was told 1 to 2 days for the inspection is what I should expect on mine...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #11
BMWMoodify
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

PDI is not as simple of a process as all of you seem to believe, used to be a mechanic with a BMW dealer. Alll the work has to be carried out to a T, and there is a long checklist of things we must follow. For a full PDI inspection done correctly and a proper clean of vehicle, 8 hours minimum is required after delivery of vehicle to it's PDI centre. If the vehicle has additional after sales ad ons eg; tint, leather protection, paint protection of aftermarket accessories, you will obviously add more time.
There is also the case of possible transport damage.
But after all is said and done you must still remember that there is more going on than just working with one guest there is multiple guest vehicles on the go, and we work to satisfy every customer 100 percent, and cause you as little hassle as possible.
If it was as quick and easy as some of you believe we would be out of a job.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #12
JohnWalk22
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Hey. My friend had a similar situation. It delivered on the ground as the people said above. He was from Ukraine, moved to the USA, bought a new car. he was very fond of fishing. So he rummaged through many different sites. He wanted to understand more about the delivery of cars, and indeed learn more about the delivery, what prices, what it depends on. As a result, he turned to some company and they brought the car to his house in Miami. He says that they delivered successfully. This article is where he read it all. I will also soon be buying a replacement for my boat and this article was very useful.
Appreciate 0