THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack RW.437M - Low-Pressure Cast Lightweight 19's

07-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #199
tinyTIM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235 xdrive

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhun2r View Post
Cool. Lemme know if you have all the M logos. Mine were in box #1.
I did have all four M logos. Not sure what box they were in, but they were in the bag with the center caps. Probably won't be getting these mounted until next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #200
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22/B58 M240xi

I did find the missing 2 M logo stickers. One was under the flap in the box and the other was actually in one of my pictures stuck to the inside of the wheel...

Took one more close up of the center ring. My stock wheels have a chrome ring around the BMW logo. These have that light gray disc showing where the chrome ring would be. Very small and subtle and you would have to really look closely to see it.

The other pic is the label on the box. The offset indicates et 40 whereas Anthony said these were milled to et 39. Dunno how to actually tell what it is.

The wheels are tires are at the tire shop. Will be picking them up on Monday and I'll post pics of them mounted.

Sold - 2017 M240xi Mineral White, HK, OEMConcept 437M wheels, Curtis hitch for bike rack, MPE, Painted rear diffuser, Dinan Elite Stage 1
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      07-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #201
tinyTIM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
I saw that M sticker on your wheel in the photo and was going to mention it. Haha. Yea, not liking the gray center caps either. I may paint them black or use the OEM center caps if they fit. I also noticed the box said 40 offset on mine. Maybe Anthony can comment on that.

Did you get you car yet bowhun2r ?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #202
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyTIM View Post

Did you get you car yet bowhun2r ?
Yes, picked it up on June 30th. It wasn't quite ready (no black grills or M rocker panel decals), but they wanted it sold to get a car moved for the month of June.

Got the car back on July 7th with the grill and decals on it. They gave me a loaner for the day I was without the car. The passenger side decal has a few ripples about 4-5 inches long, but I'll probably be the only one who will notice it. The rocker panel decals were not a build option (at least not for me) so I had to purchase the decals and have them slap them on. However, the dealership no longer performs this task and they send it to a local body shop. I'm told the service guys messed up too many of the decals on other cars. My 435xi rocker panel decals were a build option and were put on while at port though.

Should have the wheel/tires on the car hoping late tomorrow. I'll post pics of the stock and 437M wheels.

Sold - 2017 M240xi Mineral White, HK, OEMConcept 437M wheels, Curtis hitch for bike rack, MPE, Painted rear diffuser, Dinan Elite Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 02:13 PM   #203
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Can't wait to see pics of the wheels installed on your cars!!!

We used to have different caps however they were seized at customs and we had to pay a big fine. These wheels do accept OEM caps so you can always just snap in your existing caps!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 05:56 PM   #204
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Pics 437M OEMConcept Wheels 18x8.5 et39 or et40..

After about 2 months of ordering the car...placing orders with Anthony OEMconcept and finally getting everything (for now) done...

Here is my M240xi with OEMConcept 437M square setup 18x8.5 et39...but the box indicates et40...so maybe Anthony can say for sure.

First.. Anthony is a fantastic vendor. Very responsive and answered my many questions very quickly.

I decided to go with BFG Comp-2 A/S in 235/40/18. I also purchased TPMS sensors from TireRack. I can attest they register fine with the M240 and transmit pressure and temperature. Took a reset of TPMS and about 10 minutes of driving.

Unfortunately....one of my tires has a slow leak. I checked the pressure prior to installing on the car. While the TPMS was registering my driver rear indicated 30lbs of pressure. Not happy. Will be taking wheel/tire back to installer in the morning.

I also think I heard a rub. There is a dip in the road on a hard bend and I think the front right (left turn on the road) might have rubbed. It's a fairly quick corner with a depression. Since my TPMS indicated a leak on the rear driver tire I just went straight home. I'm hoping it wasn't a rub. I checked my fender and didn't see any tire rub (but I also know that sound...). Will verify once I get the tire/wheel leak fixed.

I got the McGard lock set on Amazon. The pic below has the model info. Also picked up the spindle on Amazon (also in pic). Makes mounting the tire pretty easy.

The before pics

And now the after pics

Getting ready to install

Stock run flats vs the BFG's

McGard lock set and spindle via amazon

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #205
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep

Fitment looks perfect! As for the rubbing, I believe BF's run a little wider than your average tire. Your tire is probably running closer to a 245 width. Every tire company is different, some run true to size as others run either narrower or wider.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #206
tinyTIM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Looks great bowhun2r. Really hope you are not rubbing as my set up is almost exactly the same as yours. I went with Michelin AS 3+ though, but same size. What color is your car, AW or MW? Our cars will be pretty close as mine is MW. My tires got mounted yesterday and I will be picking them up today hopefully. Good to hear that the OEM center caps will fit OEMconcept .
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #207
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looks great bowhun2r. Really hope you are not rubbing as my set up is almost exactly the same as yours. I went with Michelin AS 3+ though, but same size. What color is your car, AW or MW? Our cars will be pretty close as mine is MW. My tires got mounted yesterday and I will be picking them up today hopefully. Good to hear that the OEM center caps will fit OEMconcept .
Mine is MW.

I had the other rear go nearly flat last night. Just came back from the place I got them mounted and ordered 2x 225/40/18 in the BFG Comp 2 A/S. On tire rack my tire does indicate a littler wider than the AS 3+.

So...back to the stock tires until Friday (they had to order the 2 tires). The fronts were rubbing on the outer fender lip towards the front. well when hitting a hard bump. At full lock both ways no rub and about an 1/8inch clearance on the strut.

The wheels look awesome (at least IMO) the wife even approved of the new wheels/tires even though I have a new car that came with wheels and tires.... Just disappointed in the 2 wheels/tires that have leaks and the front rubbing. But... by Friday that should all be taken care of.

Last edited by bowhun2r; 07-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: outer not inner fender well...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #208
tinyTIM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
That sucks. So you had two rears go flat on you? Really worried about rubbing with mine now. The Michelins aren't as wide but a little larger diameter which doesn't help.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #209
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sucks. So you had two rears go flat on you? Really worried about rubbing with mine now. The Michelins aren't as wide but a little larger diameter which doesn't help.
Unfortunately, yes. I checked all pressure before I put them on last night. And then after resetting TPMS (the TPMS sensors from tire rack worked great) and driving about 10 min I noticed the rear tire was at 30 psi already. Maybe I missed one?? wishful thinking. Inflated back to 39 and within 30 min it had lost 5 psi already.

I checked the other 3 before going to bed and the two fronts held 35 right on the button. The other rear though was down to 20 psi.

This morning I checked the two fronts again and they were right on. Going to reset TPMS now with the stock tires on. It's nice being able to hit the TPMS reset button and not having to pay the dealer to reset the sensors. Makes it easy if you have 2 sets of wheels.

You might be good. I will say with these offsets, the wheels are flush to the fender. With my tires being a bit wider than a typical 235...put me over the edge (or I should say into the edge). Now I'll have an extra pair of rear tires.

Appreciate 1
tinyTIM33.00
      07-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #210
tinyTIM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
I got my wheels mounted this weekend. Drove around all weekend and didn't notice any rubbing. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am good. I am running a square setup with Michelin AS 3+ 235/40/18. Wheels are 18x8.5 milled to +39 offset.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #211
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I got my wheels mounted this weekend. Drove around all weekend and didn't notice any rubbing. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am good. I am running a square setup with Michelin AS 3+ 235/40/18. Wheels are 18x8.5 milled to +39 offset.
That looks awesome!!!

You should not have any rubbing with those specs and tires.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #212
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

437M wheels take two....

Well lesson learned (expensive lesson). Anyone interested in running BFG's Comp 2 A/S in 235/40/18 with these wheels will experience front fender rub. Likely a fender roll would fix it, but I didn't want to roll my fenders.

tinyTIM Your car looks great. Very similar...

I went on tirerack and looked at their column "tread width" for different tires. This is their own custom measurement because tires have different shoulders thus different widths. The Michelins that tinyTIM is running are between the Conti DWS 06 and the BFG's regarding tire width. I went the more conservative route this time and bought 235/40/18 Conti DWS 06 tires and had them remounted on my wheels.

The local place called today and said the tires were done. I took my tire pressure gauge with me this time because I wasn't going to head home only to see slow leaks with this setup (as I did with the BFG's). Guess what... two tires (likely the same two with the BFG's) were showing about 20lbs. I told the service tech come take a look... (at this point I was getting pretty frustrated. My wheels from being mounted/remounted/mounted/remounted where showing some wear and tear). It turned out the valve stem had a bad o-ring on two wheels. They put the tires into a water tank and you could see air bubbles by the stem. I told him I bought the set at the same time... I don't want to see my other two wheels go down in a few days. So they replaced all the seals on the valve stems because at this point I think they wanted me gone as much as I wanted to be gone.

They were pretty cool about everything. Granted I was paying them to do this, but overall they wanted me to be happy. BTW.. Bruce Brothers Tires in Bethel Park, PA if anyone needs tire work.

I spent like 2 hours cleaning up the goo from the weights that were used on the BFG's. Cleaned and then jetseal'd (again). PITA.

And no rubbing! Took the exact corner where I hit my fender with the BFG's and no rub.

You can see the difference in tire width comparing the BFG and DWS06 in the same size. Actually a pretty decent size variance.

Finally mounted. These better handle the PA winter cause I'm about done dealing with wheels/tires for a while.

(and I'm not sure why my pics are not showing correct orientation. Deal with that later.)

Looking down on the rear wheel

OEMconcept Thanks again Anthony. I'm hoping the wheels hold up as well as they look.

Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      07-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #213
tinyTIM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Looks great bowhun2r . Glad you finally got everything sorted out. I can't believe the difference in width for those two tires. That is pretty extreme.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #214
b-unit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Anthony from OEM Concept

Hi Anthony! When you see this can you please contact me?

I've sent a few PM's to you so I'm assuming those didn't make it to you for some reason as I know you would normally reply!

Anyone else on the forum have PM's not go through for some reason? (I do see them all in my sent folder), have been trying to contact Anthony for over a month.

Many thanks, Brian
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #215
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-unit View Post
Hi Anthony! When you see this can you please contact me?

I've sent a few PM's to you so I'm assuming those didn't make it to you for some reason as I know you would normally reply!

Anyone else on the forum have PM's not go through for some reason? (I do see them all in my sent folder), have been trying to contact Anthony for over a month.

Many thanks, Brian
Might want to call him out OEMconcept

Anthony has been pretty responsive to my many questions over the entire purchasing cycle.

Good luck,

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #216
bbadillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Black 135i, JB+

Just got my staggered set up 18 inch rims mounted to my stock tires and on the car. Felt great looks great but my rear tire is already flat. Had to add air. Looks like it's leaking again so back to the tire shop tomorrow to see whas The issue. Any ideas .
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #217
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbadillo View Post
Just got my staggered set up 18 inch rims mounted to my stock tires and on the car. Felt great looks great but my rear tire is already flat. Had to add air. Looks like it's leaking again so back to the tire shop tomorrow to see whas The issue. Any ideas .
FWIW mine went flat as well. Turned out to be the seals on the TPMS sensors. They put the wheels in a tub of water and bubbles were seen around the sensors.

Mine have not lost any air since the shop replaced the seals on the sensors. It's now about a month. Look great. Brake pads put down some serious dust. The wheels hide it well, but looking close you can see the build up.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #218
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 m40i

Quote:
FWIW mine went flat as well. Turned out to be the seals on the TPMS sensors. They put the wheels in a tub of water and bubbles were seen around the sensors.

Mine have not lost any air since the shop replaced the seals on the sensors. It's now about a month. Look great. Brake pads put down some serious dust. The wheels hide it well, but looking close you can see the build up.
Interesting. Sorry I posted that with my old account.

They said the tpms needs to be replaced and it's like 97$

First how do they know its broken and not a seal, and second why would I pay, they must have broken it during the install.i wonder if BMW covers these sensors with warranty.

They removed the entire sensor and now it's just a normal valve so it holds air but the tpms system is off. Sigh. Maybe I need a new thread in case others have the same issue

2016 BSM M235i: Fully loaded.
Dinan Stage II Tune, Dinan CAI, Fabspeed Sport Cat, Fabspeed Muffler Delete.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #219
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benandluna View Post
Quote:

Interesting. Sorry I posted that with my old account.

They said the tpms needs to be replaced and it's like 97$

First how do they know its broken and not a seal, and second why would I pay, they must have broken it during the install.i wonder if BMW covers these sensors with warranty.

They removed the entire sensor and now it's just a normal valve so it holds air but the tpms system is off. Sigh. Maybe I need a new thread in case others have the same issue
If they make you pay for new sensors buy them from tire rack. Half the cost and they work just fine. I have them in my car. They register just fine and display temp and psi.

I agree...you shouldn't have to pay period. The seals were replaced on mine via the installer and that ultimately fixed mine.

I bought the tire rack sensors for my new wheels. They didn't transfer the sensors from my stock wheels. Sounds like the same symptom though.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #220
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 m40i

Quote:
If they make you pay for new sensors buy them from tire rack. Half the cost and they work just fine. I have them in my car. They register just fine and display temp and psi.

I agree...you shouldn't have to pay period. The seals were replaced on mine via the installer and that ultimately fixed mine.

I bought the tire rack sensors for my new wheels. They didn't transfer the sensors from my stock wheels. Sounds like the same symptom though.
Interesting. Got a part number? At the bare minimum, I'd assume they should cover the re mount since there was no issues before the install.

2016 BSM M235i: Fully loaded.
Dinan Stage II Tune, Dinan CAI, Fabspeed Sport Cat, Fabspeed Muffler Delete.
Appreciate 0