THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Retrofit / best alternative - F22 no display, standard sound

08-15-2019, 05:44 AM   #1
220imelbourne
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i M Sport

Arrow Retrofit / best alternative - F22 no display, standard sound

Hello bimmers!

First thread for me
Owner of a 220i m sport (I love this car)
It has standard sound system and no idrive as you can see in the picture attached

Name:  Capture décran 2019-08-15 à 12.38.07.png
Views: 124
Size:  687.5 KB

1) What would be the best retrofit or improvement I could have? was thinking of a display (even if its not the official one), to be well integrated in the vehicule to have bluetooth too etc. A multimedia interface

2) Also to improve the sound system I think it depends on the solution of 1). Maybe I could start with wiring HK equivalent for the tweeters? I only have a cover instead. And is it possible to add a subwoofer?

Thank you if you have any ideas

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

With my E90 I did something similar to what you want to do. The issue I ran into is that the head unit was still required for certain system warnings and software updates. I relocated the factory head unit to the trunk and ran a cable back to wiring harness under the dash.

I am not sure on an F2x whether you would need to consider relocating the existing head unit to maintain all funcationality. It may be required and leading you into a more complex install than you anticipated. You will have to do some research on this and hopefully some of the BM experts will weigh in and help you on this.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
220imelbourne
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i M Sport

Thanks for your message and feedback, indeed it seems more complex! I searched a lot a didn't find a retrofit of it on F22 (probably because most of them have multimedia integrated)!

If you have any idea don't hesitate
Appreciate 0