THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Bernie Sanders 2020.....does he stand a chance?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #287
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5240
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Well the majority of Americans didn't want Trump to be president. Too bad the Electoral College got in the way.
And Trudeau only got 39% of the popular vote, so 61% didn't want him to be PM.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12853.50

      04-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #288
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Name:  free-dumb-750.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  54.7 KB
Appreciate 5
MKSixer12853.50
Delta03116575.50
N54Yankee1015.50
glennQNYC4699.00

      04-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #289
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
And Trudeau only got 39% of the popular vote, so 61% didn't want him to be PM.
He's our AOC.

But with a vagina...
Appreciate 3
      04-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #290
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5240
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
He's our AOC.

But with a vagina...
Mangina.....
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 05:46 PM   #291
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Mangina.....
Doubtful as it still has the word "man" in it...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:56 AM   #292
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5240
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Doubtful as it still has the word "man" in it...
Peoplegina?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #293
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Peoplegina?
"poofgina" is more like it...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12853.50

      04-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #294
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
12854
Rep
6,623
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Do as I say, Peasants!!

You just can't make this up. Until this buffoon starts sending out his own personal income redistribution checks, he should be shouted off the stage at each event!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 5
scostu927.50
Delta03116575.50
N54Yankee1015.50
DonaldPump3795.00

      04-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #295
Delta0311
Major General
Delta0311's Avatar
6576
Rep
9,736
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You just can't make this up. Until this buffoon starts sending out his own personal income redistribution checks, he should be shouted off the stage at each event!!
Typical socialist. They want to separate you from your money but dont you dare try and separate them from theirs.
__________________
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you don’t see it, and if you don’t believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 3
MKSixer12853.50
DonaldPump3795.00

      04-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #296
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Typical socialist. They want to separate you from your money but dont you dare try and separate them from theirs.
You should have seen Göring's properties and art collection.

Bernie has some catching up to do...
Appreciate 2
Delta03116575.50
MKSixer12853.50

      04-17-2019, 04:47 PM   #297
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1721
Rep
4,831
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
And Trudeau only got 39% of the popular vote, so 61% didn't want him to be PM.
You should know that a multiparty parliamentary system is quite a bit different, however as long as we are playing that game, Harper got 31% of the vote...69% of the country kicked him out of office.

If you want to talk about popular vote, Trudeau actually captured 184 seats vs 154 for the rest so ~55% wanted him to be PM.

Last edited by MrRoboto; 04-17-2019 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #298
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5240
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
You should know that a multiparty parliamentary system is quite a bit different, however as long as we are playing that game, Harper got 31% of the vote...69% of the country kicked him out of office.

If you want to talk about popular vote, Trudeau actually captured 184 seats vs 154 for the rest so ~55% wanted him to be PM.
I understand the multi-party system and (British) Canadian parliament just fine thanks. My point was simply to show that Trudeau is still less popular than Trump.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12853.50

      04-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #299
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
12854
Rep
6,623
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
You should know that a multiparty parliamentary system is quite a bit different, however as long as we are playing that game, Harper got 31% of the vote...69% of the country kicked him out of office.

If you want to talk about popular vote, Trudeau actually captured 184 seats vs 154 for the rest so ~55% wanted him to be PM.
Which is congruent with the higher number of people that wanted Mrs. Clinton to be President. Nothing is dumber than a mob.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2019, 05:20 AM   #300
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm...

So Coulter may consider voting for Sanders...
Appreciate 1
MrRoboto1720.50

      04-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #301
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1721
Rep
4,831
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I understand the multi-party system and (British) Canadian parliament just fine thanks. My point was simply to show that Trudeau is still less popular than Trump.
Clearly you don't understand how popular vote works in Canada.

Trump 46.1% popular vote
Trudeau 54.4% popular vote

54.4 > 46.1


Last edited by MrRoboto; 04-18-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #302
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Clearly you don't understand how popular vote works in Canada.

Trump 46.1% popular vote
Trudeau 54.4% popular vote

54.4 > 46.1
https://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/results-2015/

Quote:
One of the quirks of Canada’s first-past-the-post electoral system is that a party can take the majority of seats without winning a majority of votes. That was certainly the case in 2011, when the Conservatives won 166 of 308 seats — or 53.9 per cent — but only 39.6 per cent of the popular vote.

In terms of the ratios, the 2015 story is almost identical. Justin Trudeau and the Liberals took 184 seats — 54.4 per cent of the new total of 338 seats — with 39.5 per cent of the popular vote.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer12853.50

      04-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #303
DonaldPump
Colonel
DonaldPump's Avatar
3795
Rep
2,698
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You just can't make this up. Until this buffoon starts sending out his own personal income redistribution checks, he should be shouted off the stage at each event!!
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize” - Voltaire
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #304
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Rallying the troops!

Name:  sanders nazi salute.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  49.0 KB
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12853.50

      04-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #305
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5240
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Clearly you don't understand how popular vote works in Canada.

Trump 46.1% popular vote
Trudeau 54.4% popular vote

54.4 > 46.1

I don't need you to explain how the popular vote works. I know, I understand, I accept that a leader (Trudeau for example) can win a majority with only 39% of the vote. What you don't seem to grasp is that my point was that Trump is more popular than Trudeau. If you'll recall when Harper won his majority and I believe it was with a lower percentage of the popular vote than Trudeau liberals were losing their mind that he didn't have a majority because over 60% didn't vote for him.....get over it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12853.50

      04-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #306
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1721
Rep
4,831
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I don't need you to explain how the popular vote works. I know, I understand, I accept that a leader (Trudeau for example) can win a majority with only 39% of the vote. What you don't seem to grasp is that my point was that Trump is more popular than Trudeau. If you'll recall when Harper won his majority and I believe it was with a lower percentage of the popular vote than Trudeau liberals were losing their mind that he didn't have a majority because over 60% didn't vote for him.....get over it.
I think you do need someone to explain it because you cannot compare a two party system with a multiparty FPTP system. In virtually all elections since 1867 there were only a handful who broke 50% of the vote when looking at all parties.

If you want something to chew on...Liberal, NDP, and Green are all left leaning parties so roughly 62% of the population prefer a left leaning government. That's likely a more suitable comparison.

Last edited by MrRoboto; 04-20-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #307
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5240
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I think you do need someone to explain it because you cannot compare a two party system with a multiparty FPTP system. In virtually all elections since 1867 there were only a handful who broke 50% of the vote when looking at all parties.

If you want something to chew on...Liberal, NDP, and Green are all left leaning parties so roughly 62% of the population prefer a left leaning government. That's likely a more suitable comparison.

I know that if the Liberals, NDP and Greens could get their shit together you could live in a Socialist paradise, I've been saying that for years. Just imagine how much tax you'll be able to pay to support all the have nots. And if they ever do I'll be packing my bags, selling my house and moving someplace sane.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 05:52 PM   #308
.2pdk
Banned
3996
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I know that if the Liberals, NDP and Greens could get their shit together you could live in a Socialist paradise, I've been saying that for years. Just imagine how much tax you'll be able to pay to support all the have nots. And if they ever do I'll be packing my bags, selling my house and moving someplace sane.
I'm going to analyze the cost benefit carefully once I retire and live of my investments.

As I will not be working and contributing to the kitty as much it may be a paradise to retire in, weather notwithstanding of course.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST