THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes m4 pads in mperformance BBK

09-30-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

m4 pads in mperformance BBK

hi All

does anyone have the part numbers for the m4 pads i want to use them in the MP BBK thanks, (apparently there are normal m4 pads and then sport m4 pads or something any one have any further information?)

does anyone have any feedback on these pads in the MP BBK vs the stock pads

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I have the factory BBK and it uses the same pads as the m235; didn't look to see if that is the same size as the m4. I'd call zeckhausen racing for brake info - they'll know if they interchange, and will be able to give you some advice on whether this is a good swap for your uses (good street pads can be lousy in performance applications, and vice versa). Lots of crossover pads that work well across both settings if you can live with noise and dust, more limited options if you can't.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 04:33 AM   #3
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I have the factory BBK and it uses the same pads as the m235; didn't look to see if that is the same size as the m4. I'd call zeckhausen racing for brake info - they'll know if they interchange, and will be able to give you some advice on whether this is a good swap for your uses (good street pads can be lousy in performance applications, and vice versa). Lots of crossover pads that work well across both settings if you can live with noise and dust, more limited options if you can't.
thank you i will mail them

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

M Brake Pads / Front
Standard: 34112284969
Sport: 34112284765

M Brake Pads / Rear
Standard 34212284989
I think the rear sport pads are the same as standard M pads.

They fit the M-Perf BBK just fine.

I've had the standard M pads on my M-Perf BBK and steel brake lines for almost 2 years and I run them in winter. I think they are fine and I think they have better initial bite, perhaps a bit better overall, but I also think that some of it is due to the steel brake lines and I also think maybe I should have stayed with the original pads. I swapped when I already had the steel lines.

I don't track that car but I do occasionally drive aggressively for long runs... 250-300 km highway going 200-240 km/hr or so which, of course, includes some hard braking and stops... and over time I noticed some vibration when braking medium to hard... and I think it may be due to the more aggressive M pad than what's supposed to be coupled with the brake kit and, therefore, some uneven wear and deposit on the rotors. It's not horrible but I do notice some vibration.

Occasional noise when cold but not bad at all. Lots of dust, just like the original pads.

Last edited by x233; 10-05-2019 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
M Brake Pads / Front
Standard: 34112284969
Sport: 34112284765

M Brake Pads / Rear
Standard 34212284989
I think the rear sport pads are the same as standard M pads.

They fit the M-Perf BBK just fine.

I've had the standard M pads on my M-Perf BBK and steel brake lines for almost 2 years and I run them in winter. I think they are fine and I think they have better initial bite, perhaps a bit better overall, but I also think that some of it is due to the steel brake lines and I also think maybe I should have stayed with the original pads. I swapped when I already had the steel lines.

I don't track that car but I do occasionally drive aggressively for long runs... 250-300 km highway going 200-240 km/hr or so which, of course, includes some hard braking and stops... and over time I noticed some vibration when braking medium to hard... and I think it may be due to the more aggressive M pad than what's supposed to be coupled with the brake kit and, therefore, some uneven wear and deposit on the rotors. It's not horrible but I do notice some vibration.

Occasional noise when cold but not bad at all. Lots of dust, just like the original pads.
Perfect thank you I have fitted m4 pads bmw had no stock of the sports but does anyone know if the m4 discs will fit our hubs? The mperformance calipers are the same ones on the m4 and the discs are the same size at 15"?

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #6
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
Perfect thank you I have fitted m4 pads bmw had no stock of the sports but does anyone know if the m4 discs will fit our hubs? The mperformance calipers are the same ones on the m4 and the discs are the same size at 15"?
The discs will not fit, the caliper is the same, but the knuckle is different, the M performance brake kit disc is 370mm, I believe the M4 is 380mm.

The pads are the same though as the calipers themselves are the same. So you can freely run M4 pads either OEM or aftermarket.
      10-19-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
hi All

does anyone have the part numbers for the m4 pads i want to use them in the MP BBK thanks, (apparently there are normal m4 pads and then sport m4 pads or something any one have any further information?)

does anyone have any feedback on these pads in the MP BBK vs the stock pads
The M sport calipers use the same pad shape OEM may have different part numbers and slightly different compounds.

PM, email or call us if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0