THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Hot climate air intake elbow fitted

10-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #1
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Hot climate air intake elbow fitted

TBH it wasn't as bad as I expected. Took about 45 mins in total. I decided to take the Dinan Carbon Fibre CAI our in one piece and remove the snorkel. This made is so much easier as you can pull and push from both sides to get it in place and properly on the hanger. Not sure if any difference yet as took it for a quick run to check no codes thrown but all good. Pics below
Attached Images

10-28-2019, 05:05 AM   #2
Sonertial
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M240i 6MT

I also installed this part during the summer. It's hard to be sure, but I believe it made a difference to throttle response.

I also took the snorkel out and wiggled the elbow into place from the back by reaching in from the Air Filter box end. Didn't need to remove the front grill.

It's interesting that BMW blocks this intake for cold weather setups. Technically you could probably skip the elbow and just take the cover off for much the same effect.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonertial View Post
I also installed this part during the summer. It's hard to be sure, but I believe it made a difference to throttle response.

I also took the snorkel out and wiggled the elbow into place from the back by reaching in from the Air Filter box end. Didn't need to remove the front grill.

It's interesting that BMW blocks this intake for cold weather setups. Technically you could probably skip the elbow and just take the cover off for much the same effect.
I decided to take the grille out too as afraid I might drop the grill or blanking plate and not be able to retrieve it🤪. Was much quicker and easier than I expected from what I had read about from other people doing this. Easier option is find a friend who's a gynaecologist and it will be done in 5 minutes with nothing needing to be removed 😂🤣😂