THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery m240i lease pricing corona

05-19-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
datf15h
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

m240i lease pricing corona

I'm in the market to lease an m240i 6mt. There's a few strewn about in the Western US. And I mean like 3 total. I'd be happy with most any of them, just comes down to getting the best deal. Unfortunately none of them are in my city. I test drove a '17 6mt and loved it so I'm ready to pull the trigger. Used is also on the table for me but I'd like to take advantage of the depression in the market if I can..

I'm having a hard time understanding the lease payments these dealers are quoting me. Looking around the forum I see most 3 yr leases from '17 and newer at $500 - $600 monthly payments MAX. Dealers will quote me $725 before tax.. it's infuriating.

Here's an example
MSRP: $53,765 plus or minus fees or discounts = $53,259 balance

residual is 52%. this is with 4k down and excellent credit. I do not already own a BMW

These numbers are crazy right? Can anyone share some recent lease figures on a 2020 M240i ? Help me achieve driving nirvana please
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
Phillymb75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 M50 - 20 M240i vert 6mt

Make sure you understand the components of the lease and make sure you are getting the lease credit of $3,000.

https://leasehackr.com/ has a good calculator. I think the base money factor right now is .00118.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 01:27 AM   #3
IchMagMunchen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

Shop around

Hi datf15h

I think you should try for a significantly better deal, compared to the quote you posted on the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datf15h View Post
Looking to lease a 2020 m240i. Not a lot of 6mt near me but I'm ok with holding out for a good deal. Can anyone weigh in on if they think this is a good deal?

More room to negotiate here? We've been talking for a couple weeks now. The last thing to get removed from the balance was a "Desert Protection Package" (window tint and whatever) and "Kahu" (some vehicle tracking package). Balance is nearing 5% off MSRP

thanks for your input
I bought my 2020 M240i 6MT, didn't lease. The dealer discount was $1500 below the invoice, which should be 8 to 9% off the $53000 MSRP. This discount is in addition to the $3000 manufacturer rebate (finance/lease credit). The dealer discount should be the same for leases too, I believe.

Mine was a custom order though, not a car in stock. Ordered in November 2019 and picked up the car in February 2020. Since you are OK holding out for a good deal you could try ordering. That also means you can shop around with every dealer in your area too, until you find one willing to order for a decent price.

How/whether the current factory closures will affect ordering is another question.

Good luck and happy shopping.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
datf15h
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchMagMunchen View Post
Hi datf15h

I think you should try for a significantly better deal, compared to the quote you posted on the other thread.

I bought my 2020 M240i 6MT, didn't lease. The dealer discount was $1500 below the invoice, which should be 8 to 9% off the $53000 MSRP. This discount is in addition to the $3000 manufacturer rebate (finance/lease credit). The dealer discount should be the same for leases too, I believe.

Mine was a custom order though, not a car in stock. Ordered in November 2019 and picked up the car in February 2020. Since you are OK holding out for a good deal you could try ordering. That also means you can shop around with every dealer in your area too, until you find one willing to order for a decent price.

How/whether the current factory closures will affect ordering is another question.

Good luck and happy shopping.
Thanks for your input. I am going to ask for more discount. Do you know how I could figure out the invoice for this car?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #5
IchMagMunchen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

Invoice formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by datf15h View Post
Do you know how I could figure out the invoice for this car?
As of 2020,
Invoice price = (BaseMSRP * 0.93) + 500 + (OptionsMSRP * 0.92) + 180 + 995

The amount calculated with this formula will be within $10 of the invoice price for US delivery.

BaseMSRP = The base price for the car. It does not include any options or the destination and handling charge.

OptionsMSRP = The total listed price of all colors, features, packages and options you choose.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1411143

Another way to find the invoice (that works as of today) is to use costcoauto dot com's Build & Research Vehicle option. It will give you the invoice price as you select the colors and options.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #6
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Definitely consider checking out the brokers on leasehackr.

I negotiated my past 2 leases and even when I felt I got a "good" deal by negotiating ~9% off at the time now I realize there was a lot more money on the table.

I wound up using a broker for my wife's X5 a few months ago and couldn't be happier. He easily paid for his fee with the additional money he saved over the best quotes that local dealers were able to give me and it was a super easy process to get everything done without having to sit in the dealer for hours dealing with salespeople.

Volumes on the 2 series are probably smaller, but Leasehackr is a great resource I wish I knew about years ago.
      05-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #7
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Definitely consider checking out the brokers on leasehackr.

I negotiated my past 2 leases and even when I felt I got a "good" deal by negotiating ~9% off at the time now I realize there was a lot more money on the table.

I wound up using a broker for my wife's X5 a few months ago and couldn't be happier. He easily paid for his fee with the additional money he saved over the best quotes that local dealers were able to give me and it was a super easy process to get everything done without having to sit in the dealer for hours dealing with salespeople.

Volumes on the 2 series are probably smaller, but Leasehackr is a great resource I wish I knew about years ago.
Hey there, who did you use?
Appreciate 0