THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Dinan Sport vs JB+ vs BMS Stage 1 vs Racechip

06-02-2020, 07:47 PM   #23
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
All you mentioned is that Dinan "Sport" is shit and don't buy it. The end.

So I have no idea why you're singling out my opinion on the full "Dinantronics" piggyback tune.. :

A little more context on your grievances would be nice, so maybe we could be on the same page and not ignorantly bash a decent product.
I've shared plenty of context in the appropriate section of this forum, namely the engine tuning area.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1716102
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1602773

the company is a shell of what it once was. The warranty is worthless, the dealers all say Dinan doesnt pay their bills, and that they no longer sell or install their products.

what else do you need exactly?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 08:16 PM   #24
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
Quote:
I've shared plenty of context in the appropriate section of this forum, namely the engine tuning area.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1716102
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1602773

the company is a shell of what it once was. The warranty is worthless, the dealers all say Dinan doesnt pay their bills, and that they no longer sell or install their products.

what else do you need exactly?

So your point is Dinan sucks because your replacement air filter was on backorder and they were late in releasing a flash tune, for a discontinued motor - sounds reasonable.

I ordered a filter from them also, that was on backorder for a while, due to a global pandemic; so should I go firebomb their headquarters or maybe develop some understanding, cancel the order and locate a vendor that actually has one in stock, like I eventually did.. Decisions, decisions..

You have a $299 Dinan Sport boost controller, without any warranty coverage from Dinan, so I'm not sure what experience you have had with their process but I have and it was seamless.

I can also link you a couple of instances, where they replaced entire motors, at the cost of around roughly $25,000.

Engine warranty void by BMW, DINAN covers. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1614332

But whatever right, they couldn't get you an air filter sooner and they no longer work with franchise dealers, like the ones I just found a few seconds ago, so they're obviously just a "shell' of a company.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #25
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So your point is Dinan sucks because your replacement air filter was on backorder and they were late in releasing a flash tune, for a discontinued motor - sounds reasonable.

You have a $299 Dinan Sport boost controller, without any warranty coverage from Dinan, so I'm not sure what experience you have had with their process but I have and it was seamless.

I can also link you a couple of instances, where they replaced entire motors, at the cost of around roughly $25,000.

But whatever right, they couldn't get you an air filter sooner and they no longer work with franchise dealers, like the ones I just found a few seconds ago, so they're obviously just a "shell' of a company.
Do you have problems reading? A learning disability?

I have a Dinantronics Elite. The V1 was a $1500 product. It was replaced (after failing multiple times) with a Dinantronics elite V2, and I had to foot the bill for replacement, then fight with them to reimburse the cost, which they still havent covered fully.

No Warranty? As far as I remember, Dinan matches the new car warranty, which still hasnt expired on mine. I can share a screenshot if you'd prefer, but please, keep telling me how much more you know about MY vehicle, and the products I purchased.

I never posted anything about an out of stock air filter.

A discontinued motor? The B58 is discontinued now? Thats new to me..since the current and 2021 MY m240 still has it.

You clearly have some issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #26
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Do you have problems reading? A learning disability?

I have a Dinantronics Elite. The V1 was a $1500 product. It was replaced (after failing multiple times) with a Dinantronics elite V2, and I had to foot the bill for replacement, then fight with them to reimburse the cost, which they still havent covered fully.

No Warranty? Please, keep telling me how much more you know about MY vehicle, and the products I purchased.

I never posted anything about an out of stock air filter.

A discontinued motor? The B58 is discontinued now? Thats new to me..since the current and 2021 MY m240 still has it.

You clearly have some issues.
Hey, maybe you should of saved that $1,500, to have that stick surgically removed from up your ass because that seems to be the root of your problem..

You linked me two threads with no explanation, except someone bitching about the an air filter replacement, for an N55, being late and you mentioning that Dinan "Sport" sucks. After that, I already saw the "Karen" in you and didn't bother wasting my time reading further about your potentially unsubstantiated claims.

Now that you broke it down, it sucks about your issue and I actually heard about that and the B58 V1, which is why they released a V2 but other than that, what's the alternative; flash tuning your car with some aftermarket tune, that voids your all of your drivetrain warranty or leaving it stock.

I personally worked with Dinan before and although they take forever to return emails, they always came through, antithetical to your position. Also, they still work directly with franchise dealers, my home dealer is plaster with Dinan posters, so excuse me for having my doubts about your claim.

This guy below had the same issue with the Dinan B58 V1 and was able to completely resolve it with a V2 free upgrade:

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 06:13 PM   #27
Throttlesteer14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M240 ix, 14 Cayman S

Quote:
Hey, maybe you should of saved that $1,500, to have that stick surgically removed from up your ass because that seems to be the root of your problem..

You linked me two threads with no explanation, except someone bitching about the an air filter replacement, for an N55, being late and you mentioning that Dinan "Sport" sucks. After that, I already saw the "Karen" in you and didn't bother wasting my time reading further about your potentially unsubstantiated claims.

Now that you broke it down, it sucks about your issue and I actually heard about that and the B58 V1, which is why they released a V2 but other than that, what's the alternative; flash tuning your car with some aftermarket tune, that voids your all of your drivetrain warranty or leaving it stock.

I personally worked with Dinan before and although they take forever to return emails, they always came through, antithetical to your position. Also, they still work directly with franchise dealers, my home dealer is plaster with Dinan posters, so excuse me for having my doubts about your claim.

This guy below had the same issue with the Dinan B58 V1 and was able to completely resolve it with a V2 free upgrade:

People can only speak from their personal experience. Considering the issues Aleksander had, I don't blame his frustration. I've actually had good dealings with the folks I've talked to at Dinan. They've certainly had challenges in the customer service side of things, but much of it can be chalked up to being acquired and relocated. New systems, supplier challenges (some COVID), and being part of a much large organization don't help. I've had my own frustrations, but the communication has been solid and I believe they're trying to do the right thing.

I don't know all of the details of others' situations. But I'm not going to fillet them on the forums because my experience was different. We all vote with our wallets in support of our unique goals.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2020, 06:34 PM   #28
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer14 View Post
Quote:

People can only speak from their personal experience. Considering the issues Aleksander had, I don't blame his frustration. I've actually had good dealings with the folks I've talked to at Dinan. They've certainly had challenges in the customer service side of things, but much of it can be chalked up to being acquired and relocated. New systems, supplier challenges (some COVID), and being part of a much large organization don't help. I've had my own frustrations, but the communication has been solid and I believe they're trying to do the right thing.

I don't know all of the details of others' situations. But I'm not going to fillet them on the forums because my experience was different. We all vote with our wallets in support of our unique goals.
I totally agree with you, that people should share their options and exactly that, with as much detail to support their position, as possible, if you're going to commit to doing so.

Had I originally have an idea of his grievances, I wouldn't of jump to conclusions and I'm sorry that I didn't dig further into it but I just hate when folks make vague, blanket statements like 'this one suck,' without supporting facts. It serves to help no one and just muddies the topic.

I'm not Dinan fanboy and my next car, I plan to leave it completely stock but currently, as someone who use their products and services for years and is 100% contented with its offerings, I find it somewhat confusing to call them a "shell" of a company, when my experience and others that I previously linked, are completely different.

However, to be fair, like everyone else with an opinion, when I do encounter an issue, I'm also vocal but I try my best to be clear and objective as possible.

Piggyback tunes and State Inspections https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1603758
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #29
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Had I originally have an idea of his grievances, I wouldn't of jump to conclusions and I'm sorry that I didn't dig further into it but I just hate when folks make vague, blanket statements like 'this one suck,' without supporting facts. It serves to help no one and just muddies the topic.

I'm not Dinan fanboy and my next car, I plan to leave it completely stock but currently, as someone who use their products and services for years and is 100% contented with its offerings, I find it somewhat confusing to call them a "shell" of a company, when my experience and others that I previously linked, are completely different.

You were linked to multiple threads where I mentioned different issues, and then chose to read someone else's post and blame me for it. Having an idea of the "grievances" was the exact point to linking you there, yet you chose to ignore them and continued to act the same way.

I would say thats the literal definition of jumping to conclusions, in face of evidence.

As for being a fanboy, that would be among the realm of exactly what you're doing.

If you havent dealt with Dinan RECENTLY, then you have no clue what you're talking about.

Your singular experience with them does not automatically negate everyone else's experience.

I can list the bmw dealers I spoke with, you can call them yourself and see their opinion on Dinan. I dont gain or lose any money by sharing what was said to me.

You seem to be the only one who's taking this discussion personal, which would go hand in hand with you defending NOT fanboying for them, while you do exactly that.

Finally, regarding the V2 "upgrade"...its a weaker tune, and the new tuner lacks multiple features that the V1 had (no basic status check, no bluetooth functionality, at all).

Thats a downgrade, and not a solution by any means. Its everything short of admitting that they released a defective product originally, and then tried to sweep it under the rug, quietly.

There's a reason why V2 is priced less than V1, which isnt how an "upgrade" works in any scenario.

I didnt post in here just to say "dinan sucks", I posted in here because the company is not what it once was, and multiple dealers (and other customers in these forums) have shared reasoning for that.

If you want to continue to act like a child, then please do so. Just dont pretend like anyone was slinging mud on your favorite brand, with no reason, and you're here to save the day. I recommend you take your own advice and spend your next $1500 of car mods on having Dinan's "stick" surgically removed from your ass.

Last edited by AleksanderSuave; 06-07-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #30
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You were linked to multiple threads where I mentioned different issues, and then chose to read someone else's post and blame me for it.

I would say thats the literal definition of jumping to conclusions.

As for being a fanboy, that would be among the realm of exactly what you're doing.

If you havent dealt with Dinan RECENTLY, then you have no clue what you're talking about.

Your singular experience with them does not automatically negate everyone else's experience.

I can list the bmw dealers I spoke with, you can call them yourself and see their opinion on Dinan. I dont gain or lose any money by sharing what was said to me.

You seem to be the only one who's taking this discussion personal, which would go hand in hand with you defending NOT fanboying for them, while you do exactly that.
Bro, you're just some random screen name, I don't take anything personal here, all I ask is you keep it factual.

So I've share several instances contradicting of which you've claimed that Dinan is now a "shell" or they no longer work with franchise dealers. BMW of Manhattan, in NYC, is own and operated by BMW AG and currently is a authorized Dinan retailer. So, like, whatever.

If you had a personal bad experience with them, sorry to hear that but it doesn't negate thousands of others consumers that are satisfied.

If they are indeed now garbage, then so be; no skin off my ass but I've had a great experience when their products and services and they are still active here, releasing new items.

Maybe before you jump to conclusions, maybe look up the word "shell."

Best of luck with your grievances and I know this might be a challenge to you but a little tact when dealing with others, goes a really long way.

I'm done, I rather go reason with a blank wall, so I'll let you have the last word.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 06:08 PM   #31
Winemaker2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i MSport THP Dinan V2

For some reason Alek always appears a bit nasty with his comments when it comes to Dinan. I learned that from posts I have made either praising a product or having a favorable experience when they stepped up and fixed a problem. Let it go, Dinan can take of itself and we can continue to enjoy their products. All we can do is wish Alek good luck.

Pooch, the only reason I am posting this reply is because I have always enjoyed your witty posts. Keep them coming.

BTW, I believe there is only one franchise dealer left in NorCal, Mini of SF. It's really too bad, but there are still quite a few indy shops working with them and now that my 3 year "free" service is over, I hope I never have to visit a dealer for any type of service.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      06-07-2020, 09:38 PM   #32
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
For some reason Alek always appears a bit nasty with his comments when it comes to Dinan. I learned that from posts I have made either praising a product or having a favorable experience when they stepped up and fixed a problem. Let it go, Dinan can take of itself and we can continue to enjoy their products. All we can do is wish Alek good luck.

Pooch, the only reason I am posting this reply is because I have always enjoyed your witty posts. Keep them coming.

BTW, I believe there is only one franchise dealer left in NorCal, Mini of SF. It's really too bad, but there are still quite a few indy shops working with them and now that my 3 year "free" service is over, I hope I never have to visit a dealer for any type of service.

Thank you

In all fairness, his grievances with the B58 Dinan S1 piggyback is warranted; Dinan seemed to have rushed that one out and it had a hard time adapting to BMW's new computer parameters, thus, occasionally throwing out a random check engine light, which can be annoying, so I'll give him that.

However, Dinan corrected this issue with a free V2 upgrade, to anyone still under warranty. It was not a perfect scenario but they certainly didn't leave their consumers hanging. I was attempting to share this free advice to him but he seems to want to throw the baby out with the bath water, so whatever.

As with any aftermarket flash tune or piggyback, you're working against the vehicle's set security and firewalls, so in its infancy, it's not that far-fetch that such a product might occasionally have some hiccups here and there but as long as the merchant is willing to make a reasonable attempt to make it right, unlike some, I'm willing to develop a modicum of understanding.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #33
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

This brand bootlicking needs to fuck off and die. It is almost surreal when I see fanboys piss on others because "muh experience was sooo much better".

What do these pissants get out of this? If you are going to be someone's whore, at least get paid for it.

Support a fellow consumer who has a legitimate grievance. It will only do you, and everyone else in market, a solid.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #34
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Bro, you're just some random screen name, I don't take anything personal here, all I ask is you keep it factual.

So I've share several instances contradicting of which you've claimed that Dinan is now a "shell" or they no longer work with franchise dealers. BMW of Manhattan, in NYC, is own and operated by BMW AG and currently is a authorized Dinan retailer. So, like, whatever.

Maybe before you jump to conclusions, maybe look up the word "shell."

Best of luck with your grievances and I know this might be a challenge to you but a little tact when dealing with others, goes a really long way.

I'm done, I rather go reason with a blank wall, so I'll let you have the last word.
Im not your bro. I dont share any camaraderie with a bootlicker.

Being listed as a dinan dealer, vs. actively selling and promoting their product to new customers, are two very different things.

Im surprised that needs to be explained to an adult.

As for keeping things factual..Ive done exactly that. As someone who doesnt own any RECENT Dinan products, your opinion is not relevant when it comes to factual discussion.

You keep ignoring the fact that Im talking about how RECENTLY Dinan has changed.

As far as getting in the last word goes, that typically implies you've stopped responding, yet you've continued to respond after stating that you were done.

You're a walking contradiction, full of Dinan from both holes huh?
Appreciate 1
BimBimM21486.00
      06-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #35
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Appreciate 2
BimBimM21486.00
makrop150.00
      06-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #36
shocksim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i 6MT

I went JB+ to JB4 to BM3.

I would just save the heartache and time with going straight to a flashtune and then you can step it from Stage1 through full FBO Stage3 if you wanted. And you don't have to fiddle with harnesses, accessories (BT/laptop plugs), and other stuff. The only reason I would do a piggyback over the flash tune is if you're still under warranty, since at least you can remove it before taking it to the dealership and it doesn't mess around with the DME.

The BM3 power delivery is way smoother as well IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:57 AM   #37
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

totally isolated incident, all the things I posted, about Dinan tuner failing, dealership no longer supporting Dinan.

All a smear campaign from me.

I went as far as paying another person to post this identical experience!

/sarcasm.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #38
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

My experience with Dinan products and the response of their staff has been been great. I bought the Dinan Sport from them and the unit was very well built, performed flawlessly, etc. I then bought Dinan springs and those too have great build quality. The springs have shown no paint degradation issues running two salty Midwest winters. Lastly, I bought a used Dinantronics Stage 2 last year and the quality is impressive for a piggyback. The unit is now 4 years old and it remains flawless with exceptional driveability for a piggyback.

We have two BMW dealers in Kansas City and they are still Dinan vendors.

Dinan got purchased by a private equity group a few years ago and operations were combined with APR. I envision Dinan will be going away from the factory warranty model on its products and will offer its products without warranty or perhaps the option to buy the warranty coverage. Dinan just came out with flash tunes which have to be done at the dealer or the DME sent to them. If they offer flashing through a personal device, then you can assume Dinan will be getting away from the factory warranty model.
      06-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #39
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
My experience with Dinan products and the response of their staff has been been great. I bought the Dinan Sport from them and the unit was very well built, performed flawlessly, etc. I then bought Dinan springs and those too have great build quality. The springs have shown no paint degradation issues running two salty Midwest winters. Lastly, I bought a used Dinantronics Stage 2 last year and the quality is impressive for a piggyback. The unit is now 4 years old and it remains flawless with exceptional driveability for a piggyback.

We have two BMW dealers in Kansas City and they are still Dinan vendors.

Dinan got purchased by a private equity group a few years ago and operations were combined with APR. I envision Dinan will be going away from the factory warranty model on its products and will offer its products without warranty or perhaps the option to buy the warranty coverage. Dinan just came out with flash tunes which have to be done at the dealer or the DME sent to them. If they offer flashing through a personal device, then you can assume Dinan will be getting away from the factory warranty model.
They been great to me also, past and present, with their products, service and warranty coverage, I have no complaints, other than some of their outrageous pricing but you have to pay to play.

I heard of a few hiccups with some their newer B-Series motor products, which is par for the course, when you're working with fairly new platform and attempting to circumvent the factory ECU firewall.

Their N55 offerings are already fully-baked, tried and true, that runs efficiently.

If they were indeed trash, I would be more than happy to jump at their throat and aimlessly start ragging on them.
After all, the internet is where people come to nitpick and bitch about everything but in my personal experience, that's not warranted it.

Prior to the Dinantronics, I originally went cheaper route and had a JB4, for like 6 months. When I was about I sell it, I realized the entire inner PCB was rusted out and the mechanical wiring looked like it was soldered by a 5th grade, rushing his science project or maybe some makeshift IAD. It worked perfectly fine but you can tell that the workmanship was pretty shoddy.

Out of curiosity, I then cracked open a Dinantronics piggyback unit and was impressed with their attention to detail.
Not to mention, they added a water-sealed coating, over the entire PCB, to obviously prevent water-damage or surface rust - it's the little things that nudges you, into showing that thought was put into its engineering of their products.

I don't have a stake in either companies but I give credit where its rightfully due and as far as I see, in the aftermarket tuning market, Dinan ranks on top of the list, as their quality of products are top-notch, in comparison to the competition.

I would not settle for anything less, on any of my vehicles or I'll just keep it stock.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 11:17 PM   #40
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
totally isolated incident, all the things I posted, about Dinan tuner failing, dealership no longer supporting Dinan.

All a smear campaign from me.

I went as far as paying another person to post this identical experience!

/sarcasm.
Damn, you won't just let it go..

Why don't just get it over with and just show us on doll below, where did the big, bad Dinan man hurt you..

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #41
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
still posting? thought you were done
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #42
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Quote:
still posting? thought you were done
I was surprised how aggressive he got with you from the get go. I think he is driven by a sense of "justice" and "doing the right thing" by defending Dinan's honor; whether you have a legitimate complaint or not, doesn't matter.

There is no arguing with zealots. They will never be done. There is no logic to zealotry. It is like throwing rocks in a steaming puddle of illogical shit.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #43
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
I was surprised how aggressive he got with you from the get go. I think he is driven by a sense of "justice" and "doing the right thing" by defending Dinan's honor; whether you have a legitimate complaint or not, doesn't matter.

There is no arguing with zealots. They will never be done. There is no logic to zealotry. It is like throwing rocks in a steaming puddle of illogical shit.
its kinda like the boomers who religiously defend craftsman, while the company sold out and basically makes pot metal mass-produced chinese tools now.

He's stuck in some past year mentally, that has long gone, pretending that people like me, who've spent literal thousands with Dinan, haven't earned the right to critique them.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 12:26 AM   #44
CallMeDan_Thanks
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i xDrive

Lol this thread has been a wild ride...

I ended up going with the BMS Stage 1 for now! I'm sure down the line I'll consider the JB4 or maybe Bootmod3, but this has been great so far.

On to intercooler and charge pipe next! Thanks everything guys! Hopefully you all bury the hatchet eventually.
Appreciate 1
siwo115.50