THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning BM3 Question - OTS Stage 2 93 "Config"

01-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
jimdigity
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i RWD Coupe

Garage List
2016 M235i  [0.00]
BM3 Question - OTS Stage 2 93 "Config"

Hey all,

Just flashed my car the other day for the first time with BM3 to the "Stage 2 93 octane". Everything was fine, except a couple warnings stayed on after the tune, which I read might happen and are easily fixed with the online recode. Ran that, all lights and warnings went away. Success.

Then started my car and went for a drive, and thought it seemed quieter. I remember reading with BM3 you could disable ASD and cold start, and figured that's what it was. Then I found the config screen with those options, and a couple more.

My questions are, what are these setting set to when I flash the Stage 2 93 map, without changing any of them? As you can see in the picture, it doesn't really show me what they are set to. The cold start is clearly off, my neighbors houses don't rattle anymore in the morning. But, is the ASD off? Are the burble settings on OTS, OEM, something custom? The other settings?
      01-08-2019, 12:42 PM   #2
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

You make the changes, save and re-flash. Everything will be set to OEM/OTS unless you change them first and flash the adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdigity View Post
Hey all,

Just flashed my car the other day for the first time with BM3 to the "Stage 2 93 octane". Everything was fine, except a couple warnings stayed on after the tune, which I read might happen and are easily fixed with the online recode. Ran that, all lights and warnings went away. Success.

Then started my car and went for a drive, and thought it seemed quieter. I remember reading with BM3 you could disable ASD and cold start, and figured that's what it was. Then I found the config screen with those options, and a couple more.

My questions are, what are these setting set to when I flash the Stage 2 93 map, without changing any of them? As you can see in the picture, it doesn't really show me what they are set to. The cold start is clearly off, my neighbors houses don't rattle anymore in the morning. But, is the ASD off? Are the burble settings on OTS, OEM, something custom? The other settings?
I was just looking at this and have no clue what to do either for mine. Hope more people can comment on this and share what they did for theirs and why
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Read the manual.

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki/...d3+User+Manual
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
TYC
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i TE

If you turn off ASD in the app = No Burbles

If you dont want ASD, but still want Burbles = code out ASD with esys or Bimmercode, etc.
Cscs time attack - street rwd
Who says a race car can’t also be a show car?!?!
Appreciate 0