THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Help.. =/ MMI reset on it's own, now BT, CD, NAV, upgrade won't work. How to reset?

05-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
2Slow2Win
Rep
Drives: 14 m235i

Angry Help.. =/ MMI reset on it's own, now BT, CD, NAV, upgrade won't work. How to reset?

So, when I first received the car the MMI had reset while driving, but only did it once. Fast forward a few thousand miles and it did it again but now it sais the "AUX" is plugged in, which it's not and the Bluetooth shows as it's loading but it's been doing that for two days.

I held the volume/menu in to reset and it did, but did not change anything. Prior to this, the update button was NOT grayed out, but now it is. Also, the navigation sits on loading and doesn't do anything past that. Ah! And the CD player is making a weird clicking noise (6 clicks every 5 seconds) and won't eject the CD.

I searched and could not find anything online for the 2/3 series where I could reset this particular mmi system.

Any help would be appreciated. =/
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
2Slow2Win
Rep

BuMP
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #3
PDM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i 6 Speed

Under the settings menu there should be an option to reset your profile. I'd give that a shot and then do the push the volume button for 25-30 seconds again. Either that or maybe try to install an update to iDrive
. Hope that helps. Definitely grasping at straws, but those are the only two things I can think of.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #4
2Slow2Win
Rep

As stated in the original, the update doesn't work as it's greyed out. Tried resetting profile and also deleting all original data. None of that worked either.
Appreciate 0