THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics HK audio upgrade with additional 6.5" speakers, amp, 4" replacement speakers; <$500

05-07-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
2breezy
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i vert

HK audio upgrade with additional 6.5" speakers, amp, 4" replacement speakers; <$500

Just summarizing a previous post for quick search results. Posts like this helped me to customize my install.

2015 M235i convertible with HK audio. Looking for more mid-range and clear, loud top down cruising music. Listening to alt rock, Wilco, Sublime, etc.

Prep included coding ASD off with Bimmercode and then unhooking the center channel speakers (this was a HUGE improvement.)

Purchased:
Polk DB652 6.5" pair
Polk DB402 4" (4)
Soundstream PN5-640D 5 channel amp (4+sub)
TechnicPNP 7ch harness
waiting on TechnicPNP ASD removal harness
Dynamat Xtreme

Replaced door/rear speakers with Polk 4", 3d printed adapters, added Dynamat
Built 6.5 ported enclosure box to fit seat pass through (4"deep with 20mx20mm ports per L/R)
Installed amp in factory location with harness
Sub remote installed between parking brake and seat
(I did cut the trunk carpet liner in a U shape to maintain access to amp for tuning. It is not visible until you pull it open.)

Thanks for all of the previous posts guiding me to the proper path for my personal upgrade.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-15-2020, 12:02 AM   #2
2breezy
Private
Rep

cutoff

Still finishing up the project; today installed a alarm type switch next to the speakers. This activates the rear side speakers when the seat is folded up. Used a dual pole relay to cut the positive speaker fead for the rear sides. Pic also shows the 3d printed ports. Just need to put a trim edge between the box and rear carpet...and vacuum all the labrador hair. Dogs love convertibles.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2breezy; 05-15-2020 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
2breezy
Private
Rep

ASD removal harness

FYI, I posted ASD removal harness in the classifieds. Plug and play. I just didn't use it.
Appreciate 0