THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum New to me M235i convertible

03-10-2024, 04:27 PM   #1
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B

New to me M235i convertible

Hello everyone,

I used this forum for pre-purchase research so I figured the least I can do is say hello and share my latest toy.

Year/Model: 2015 M235i convertible
Miles: 67k
Color: BSM w/Oyster interior and Moonlight black top
Options: BSM paint, Moonlight top, cold weather pkg, driver assistance pkg, premium pkg, tech package, factory alarm, HK stereo, inhanced USB w/smart phone integration (can you charge your phone w these?? Not sure how to dock..it has pin connections)
Mods/updates so far: oil change (complimentary w/purchase), overflow hose, charge pipe, rear diffuser, exhaust tips, brakes (waiting on parts), front splitter (waiting on parts), leather seat clean/touch up/conditioning.
Price when new: $57,025
Purchase price: $15.5k +ttl (depreciation seems ridiculous tbh)

Planned mod/repair: The idrive screen is starting to bubble. Not too bad so far, but plan to fix it somehow.

Hope everyone's enjoying their rides!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      03-10-2024, 05:16 PM   #2
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Love the Oyster interior, my previous 335 had that. Enjoy the new toy!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 06:57 AM   #3
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
Love the Oyster interior, my previous 335 had that. Enjoy the new toy!
Thank you! Wasn't my first choice but it's growing on me
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 10:49 AM   #4
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Our F30 had Venetobeige leather, which is not quite as light as Oyster. I'd look into applying a ceramic coating/protectant to guard against soiling and dye transfer from jeans.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...-vinyl-coating

https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/c...-2-0-30ml-kit/
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 12:42 PM   #5
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
Our F30 had Venetobeige leather, which is not quite as light as Oyster. I'd look into applying a ceramic coating/protectant to guard against soiling and dye transfer from jeans.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...-vinyl-coating

https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/c...-2-0-30ml-kit/
I wasn't aware that ceremic coating can be applied to leather...i did apply protective top coating after I did a clean/dye process...I'll see how it wears/protects.

Thanks for the tip tho. I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 02:06 PM   #6
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

I was a bit concerned about the light color at first, but in the end it was not as hard to keep clean as I expected it to be. Hit it with some leather cleaner and conditioner as needed, it will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 03:23 PM   #7
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
I was a bit concerned about the light color at first, but in the end it was not as hard to keep clean as I expected it to be. Hit it with some leather cleaner and conditioner as needed, it will be fine.
Thank you for the suggestion...I do make a point of keeping up with maintenance so I'm not too worried about maintaining it. One thing that I did notice was that the BMW leather has much deeper grain (compared to other cars I've owned) which goes flat on main touch points and makes the wear much more noticeable. Oh well, nothing I can do about that so I'm not gonna worry about it
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 08:20 AM   #8
zoro2001
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Garage List
1998 SLK 230  [0.00]
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Nice ride!!

Do you know if any of the 50k maintenance was done?
Tranny fluid and filter change
coolant drain and fill
rear diff fluid change

Might want to look into those if you plan on keeping it long term.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 09:27 AM   #9
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro2001 View Post
Nice ride!!

Do you know if any of the 50k maintenance was done?
Tranny fluid and filter change
coolant drain and fill
rear diff fluid change

Might want to look into those if you plan on keeping it long term.
Unfortunately, I don't have any documents showing that those services have been completed. I purchased the car from a BMW dealer and according to them, the previous owner has purchased several new BMWs from them, trading each in around 50-60k...not sure how true that is, but based on the fact the brakes pads are down to 4mm, I feel that the previouse owner may be the type who rather trade in and move on to a new car, rather than deal with major services.

Besides not having service records (wish BMW offers online service history lookup like Lexus,) the car is in excellent shape. Not a scratch or a ding (besides the bird poop etching I posted in another thread) and the underside and the engine bay is bone dry without any trace of any fluid leaks.

With that said, I'll get around to getting those completed in next couple months before the summer. Thank you very much for your suggestion! I appreciate it.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2024, 11:20 AM   #10
Serc.
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series F23

banger car. love it.
The Interior looks so premium, gotta be careful with those blue jeans on the seats tho.
Sportscar on the outside, Mafia Boss on the inside. Havent seen such a spec yet, love it
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 11:26 AM   #11
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

That's a really good price for that car. Did they give you a Carfax? If not, go to the Carfax page:

https://www.carfax.com/Service/garage

And set the car up under my vehicles. Once you set it up, it will show you the entire history that's available. If the previous owner serviced at the dealer, you'll see everything that was done.

As for the radio screen bubbling, a new one is over $3000 from BMW but there are aftermarket versions you can get for much less that will include Android Auto and Apple Carplay. I got mine from Euro Style Tuning.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 12:01 PM   #12
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serc. View Post
banger car. love it.
The Interior looks so premium, gotta be careful with those blue jeans on the seats tho.
Sportscar on the outside, Mafia Boss on the inside. Havent seen such a spec yet, love it
Thank you for the compliments. I think what really caught my attention was the moonlight black top option on the car...it's kinda grayish with silvery tint that really looks good on the black car IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 12:17 PM   #13
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
That's a really good price for that car. Did they give you a Carfax? If not, go to the Carfax page:

https://www.carfax.com/Service/garage

And set the car up under my vehicles. Once you set it up, it will show you the entire history that's available. If the previous owner serviced at the dealer, you'll see everything that was done.

As for the radio screen bubbling, a new one is over $3000 from BMW but there are aftermarket versions you can get for much less that will include Android Auto and Apple Carplay. I got mine from Euro Style Tuning.
Thank you for this!! I didn't know Carfax had this feature! I did receive a copy of the Carfax and looking at the report again, it looks like he put new tires on at 62k miles...RFT...I'll probably try regular non-runflats when the time comes for new tires...

Anyways, there was zero maintenance records on the carfax except for tire changes...hmmm...looking at the condition of the car, I can't believe he did zero maintenance so hopefully he used an independent machanic who doesn't report services...fingers crossed.

And yes, I beat them up on price over the bubbling radio screen LOL. The original asking price was $20,900.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 03:47 PM   #14
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

As the verified owner of the car now the BMW dealership where work was performed should be able to share the previous maintenance/warranty work performed. If not, they're being lazy!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:00 PM   #15
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
As the verified owner of the car now the BMW dealership where work was performed should be able to share the previous maintenance/warranty work performed. If not, they're being lazy!
Only if it was done at the dealer and if it was, it would already be on the Carfax. Chances are he did it himself or used an indy shop that doesn't report to Carfax. My indy shop doesn't report, but I keep my own, detailed records and happily will provide the next owner with my records.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 02:10 PM   #16
Freewheeling
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Beautiful car and you scored a nice deal! Lots of life left
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 04:00 PM   #17
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheeling View Post
Beautiful car and you scored a nice deal! Lots of life left
I hope so... I swore off european cars looooooong time ago after getting burned with horrible reliability on Audis and Porsches but at the price I paid, I can put up with some maintenance LOL.

I was actually looking to get a Lexus IS-F but I was due for a convertible...Plus, after test driving the IS-F, I wasn't too impressed...decent power but was just too soft around the edges.

I used to be a miata fanatic...owned total of 13 (buncha NAs, some NBs, and few NCs) over the years...I had 5 at one point and my ex threathen to leave me LOL. I had a beautiful Silverstone NA with matching hardtop, manual, with 14k miles on it...gifted it to my 2yo daughter so my ex won't force me to get rid of it

Weather was in the 60s last night so I put the top down and went for a drive...LOVED IT!
Appreciate 0