THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions BimmerCode

06-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #177
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex'er View Post
Interesting, if it makes a difference the car had been idling for around 10-15min with drivers side door open the entire time. Weird, but everything seems to be in working order.
This is normal. I asked the same question and apparently this is suppose to happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #178
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Is it possible to change the default driving mode? My adaptor comes today so i'll be messing with this tonight.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #179
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Is it possible to change the default driving mode? My adaptor comes today so i'll be messing with this tonight.
Comfort or EcoPro

If you want any of the other 6 modes, your vehicle requires BDC_Body ECU.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #180
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Damn ok, thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #181
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240Xi Estoril Blue

Wow. Just got my vgate 2 and downloaded bimmercode last night. This thread answered all the questions I had. Had trouble accessing the active safety module, but turned on the slow connection option, and voila, it worked. Coding was a breeze. Had a little trouble getting the vgate to talk to the app the second time, but after turning engine on and then off, it connected and seemed to work fine. All coding was done with car on and engine off. Never lost connection or got errors. Adjusted angel eye brightness, m animation, no disclaimer, no seat belt chime, turned on comfort access mirror folding, key mirror folding, activated video in motion, digital speedo in cluster, and a few other things I can't remember right now.

Kudos to the app designer and you guys for this thread and info. Can't wait to see what comes out in the next updates.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #182
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
On a lease turn-in, would BMW update the software before selling? I picked my '14 2er through CarMax (first ever experience with them, I'm neither for or against going that route again), so it wasn't a CPO.

Reason I ask is...reading through this thread I noticed some things that peeps have enabled were existing selections for me in iDrive, like Office and the digital speedometer.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my last experience with iDrive was the version that came with a 2005 530i. So, I'm trying to decide if I wanna endure the headache of buying a Vgate (or similar) and installing the app on my iPad and/or iPhone6.

I *REALLY* wanna turn of that [/insert insulting expletives here] ASD!!!
FWIW I turned in my CPO e90 with a ton of mods and coding having been done. The SA stopped me before I could even finish the sentence and said don't worry about it, we'll take care of it.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #183
Enwave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i XDrive

Had a bit of trouble here -- coded mirror fold on comfort access as my first go... but no change? App reported successful coding. I locked the car and walked away for an hour just in case the system needed a full-ish shutdown, but still nothing.

2017 M240i. Planning something a bit more obvious to make sure writes are working in general.

EDIT: Other writes seem to be going through just fine... not sure what is up here.
EDIT2: I'm an idiot -- forgot to code off the delay. Nothing to see here...

Last edited by Enwave; 06-22-2017 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50
      06-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #184
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just coded the ASD off tonight. Going to see what the difference is in the morning on the daily commute. For you guys that have done it, and regrets? To me, the car always sounded great, but being a purist, I'm curious to know what the car really sounds like without some artificial input through this the speakers. Furthermore, I'm curious to see just how much the sound system will improve without the added engine sound.

Also, for you guys that have done the Video in Motion, have you had any trouble with the volume of DVD's? The few that I've tried, I have had the volume almost all the way up on the sound system just to have a normal volume.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #185
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHeinz
Just coded the ASD off tonight. Going to see what the difference is in the morning on the daily commute. For you guys that have done it, and regrets? To me, the car always sounded great, but being a purist, I'm curious to know what the car really sounds like without some artificial input through this the speakers. Furthermore, I'm curious to see just how much the sound system will improve without the added engine sound.

Also, for you guys that have done the Video in Motion, have you had any trouble with the volume of DVD's? The few that I've tried, I have had the volume almost all the way up on the sound system just to have a normal volume.
I miss mine frankly and wasn't able to code it back in from one of the backups. Only way to fix (if I want it back) is to buy either a refurb asd or new one.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #186
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Quote:

I miss mine frankly and wasn't able to code it back in from one of the backups. Only way to fix (if I want it back) is to buy either a refurb asd or new one.
Well, that's disappointing to hear. Didn't know it was irreversible. Wonder if it's an over site in the bimmercode app or if it's ultimately a catastrophic code?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #187
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, that's disappointing to hear. Didn't know it was irreversible. Wonder if it's an over site in the bimmercode app or if it's ultimately a catastrophic code?
There's a good chance it was something I did vs the app. But, I have read on the forum that asd units built after a certain date are not codeable to change the engine sound.

Maybe it's different if you code it off (and then back on). Give a try tomorrow.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #188
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's a good chance it was something I did vs the app. But, I have read on the forum that asd units built after a certain date are not codeable to change the engine sound.

Maybe it's different if you code it off (and then back on). Give a try tomorrow.
You're confusing two different things. You can code it off always. The older models there's still noise in the system due to a design flaw so it's better to spend the $50 on the harness.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 06:25 AM   #189
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
You're confusing two different things. You can code it off always. The older models there's still noise in the system due to a design flaw so it's better to spend the $50 on the harness.
Understood and yes, probably getting confused.But I'm assuming he'll be able to turn his back on (I couldn't because of the way I had attempted a sound change and screwed up the backup, now can put any sound back i.e. always off now).
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 07:09 AM   #190
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Quote:
Understood and yes, probably getting confused.But I'm assuming he'll be able to turn his back on (I couldn't because of the way I had attempted a sound change and screwed up the backup, now can put any sound back i.e. always off now).
Yes nothing permanent was done as far as I can tell
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #191
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes nothing permanent was done as far as I can tell
Would I need to restore from backup to turn ASD back on, or is it as simple as just making it active again by recoding like some of the other options?

It was very different this morning on my commute not having the extra fake noise. BMW did a good job of making it sound good through the speakers though. I'm probably 70/30 in favor of leaving it off, but nice to know it's not a catastrophic change to the system.

I'm having the Dinan midpipe installed tomorrow, so I'm eager to see how she sounds with that and no ASD.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 07:08 PM   #192
Nyorky2428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHeinz View Post
+1 for DVD In Motion volume quietness. A lot quieter than I thought it would ever be
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #193
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorky2428 View Post
Quote:
+1 for DVD In Motion volume quietness. A lot quieter than I thought it would ever be
I feel like there may be some setting in the sound system I'm missing to increase the gain on the DVD when it's read, but I've tried searching everywhere and nothing seems to remedy the issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #194
rawrbot
Rep
Drives: m235i 6MT EB

Garage List
2016 BMW i3 REX  [0.00]
2016 m235i  [0.00]
Wanted to leave positive feedback for BimmerCode - very easy to use and options coded (no-disclaimer, M startup animations, etc.) all work perfectly on my car.

Stephan (the developer of the app) is extremely friendly and responsive. Asked him to add a few options for my wife's i3 REX (hold charge mode, extended tank, etc.) and he already pushed the changes to the latest release.
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50
      07-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #195
vroooom
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M4

Quote:
I feel like there may be some setting in the sound system I'm missing to increase the gain on the DVD when it's read, but I've tried searching everywhere and nothing seems to remedy the issue.
This was also a problem with the e92 M3. The volume is low due to the dvd being in dolby. There was a setting in idrive to change dvd playback to stereo or mono, but it didn't sound good at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #196
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrbot
Wanted to leave positive feedback for BimmerCode - very easy to use and options coded (no-disclaimer, M startup animations, etc.) all work perfectly on my car.

Stephan (the developer of the app) is extremely friendly and responsive. Asked him to add a few options for my wife's i3 REX (hold charge mode, extended tank, etc.) and he already pushed the changes to the latest release.
Agreed. He's been very helpful with an issue I was having. fyi there's a new version being g posted this week that will allow clearing the memory and a reset if ecu's
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 11:44 PM   #197
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrbot View Post

Ha, I was just about to ask about some i3 Rex options. I'll have to give this a try on the i3.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #198
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

anyone used the bimmerlink for the exhaust valve control?
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0