THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Muffler delete - best thing ever!

07-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #67
Ace604
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Was it 3" from the stock piping or did the 3" slip over the stock piping and then welded to that?
Thing is even though the stock exhaust diameter is 3 inches, it's more of an oval shape vs a round 3 inch diameter pipe that fits into the magnaflow. But to answer your question, the stock section was expanded into a circular shape and welded onto the custom section. I don't reckon the 3" piping will slip over the stock. I can show you a pic of the stock section that was removed.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #68
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace604 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Was it 3" from the stock piping or did the 3" slip over the stock piping and then welded to that?
Thing is even though the stock exhaust diameter is 3 inches, it's more of an oval shape vs a round 3 inch diameter pipe that fits into the magnaflow. But to answer your question, the stock section was expanded into a circular shape and welded onto the custom section. I don't reckon the 3" piping will slip over the stock. I can show you a pic of the stock section that was removed.
Thanks for the reply. A picture would be most helpful. If you could share a picture of the welds connecting the stock pipe to the muffler setup as well I would be grateful.
Appreciate 0