THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Dealer messed up the paperwork

12-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
yobo9193
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Question Dealer messed up the paperwork

Hi eveyone,

I just took possesssion of a 2015 M235i in Estoril Blue Metallic, 6MT, 61,1XX miles, on the 14th. Beautiful car, but the whole experience has been slowly turning into a nightmare. To keep it short, I signed a contract for the purchase price of the vehicle plus for an extended warranty on the 14th. Now, on the 16th, the dealer has called and said I need to resign the extended warranty contract because they missed a signature page. What they actually forgot was 8 of 9 pages of the contract that detailed the terms of the warranty, which are definitely not in my favor. So, I've wised up to the scam that it is and decided I don't want the warranty. Now they're telling me I have to come in and resign all the paperwork, including the sales contract

At this point, it's been turning into a headache and I have half a mind to return the vehicle to the dealership. Is that an option at this point? If so, I want to renegotiate the sale to make up for the time and expense on my end. Nothing crazy, just a few dollars off or complimentary oil changes. I would appreciate anyone's opinion on how I can proceed with this.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
DistantTea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Oops

Sounds shady as hell. I would return the car or at very least outright refuse the extended warranty. If you still want the car just make sure all the numbers are in your favor when you resign the sales contract. Or just don't. Be a karen.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

is this a BMW dealer and who is the backer of the extended warranty ?

Do you get 72 hours to cancel the extended warranty ?

also with pandemic staffing issues ?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #4
elliswyatt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i 6MT, 2016 Mk7 GTI

If they give you trouble about cancelling the warranty, just tell them they did not disclose the full terms of the warranty and you will not sign any more paperwork nor will you pay for a warranty that was not properly disclosed. If you otherwise like the car and still want it, it doesn’t hurt to raise a little bit of a ruckus and see if they will toss you a bone like an extra accessory of a service voucher.
      12-16-2020, 07:24 PM   #5
yobo9193
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Update: I was able to return the vehicle to the dealership, although not without a lot of trouble on their part. On the advice of a former dealership manager, I made sure to void out the original contract by putting an "X" over the entire page, so they can't submit the contract and force me to contest it. Although they tried to dispute that the contract wasn't void, their constant calls offering to "make it right" were a huge tell that they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Disappointed that the car is gone, but it was nice to experience the Ultimate Driving Machine, if only for a little bit. Thanks for the replies and, with some luck, I'll be back before long!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

so what was on those pages that was such a big deal to break the deal ?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 02:57 AM   #7
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

yeah there a ton of m235i's out there. i would save a bit more and get a m240i. The b58 is a big upgrade from the n55 engine other then exhaust sound.
Appreciate 0