THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Is there a consensus on Dinan springs?

12-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #45
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM235i View Post
What did you think of it? I'm considering a motorcycle track day there this year but its a massive drive from Cochrane.
I think it would be well worth the trip! What would be your closest track, Castrol Speedway? Been there in my GTI and it's fun but not all that fast in comparison.

Area27- It's basically an F1/MotoGP style track, with a bit of Laguna Seca/Mosport flavour mixed together, big swooping chicanes, corkscrew, etc. I'll be there 2-3 times next year with the 2er, for sure. I can't imagine how fun that track would be on a bike
      12-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #46
MyM235i
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
I think it would be well worth the trip! What would be your closest track, Castrol Speedway? Been there in my GTI and it's fun but not all that fast in comparison.

Area27- It's basically an F1/MotoGP style track, with a bit of Laguna Seca/Mosport flavour mixed together, big swooping chicanes, corkscrew, etc. I'll be there 2-3 times next year with the 2er, for sure. I can't imagine how fun that track would be on a bike
Yep Castrol is my only option and that's 3 hours away. Its pretty short but fun on a bike. I ran Race City before it was a landfill. Would love to hit some fast sweepers on the bike. Thanks for the review!
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      12-21-2017, 10:22 PM   #47
caycep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
The one thing I wanted to ask was - would doing the springs, bump stops and shockware (and maybe the M2 front control arms) affect reliability at all?

The reason being, I have the MPSS non-runflat summer performance tires, but I do occasionally do 3-6 hour drives around southern california and arizona and don't really want to break down in the middle of nowhere. Would these mods require more TLC in terms of maintenance, or pose a higher risk of failure? Or would you trust the car with these sort of drives in that these are considered "gentle" modifications?

(this is one reason why I looked at the Stage I tune from Dinan but am leaning against it...suspension is one thing; engine tunes are another...)
Appreciate 0