THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Moved: "Chase for Justice"

09-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Moved: "Chase for Justice"

James G, my childhood friend came to visit us down in Florida and me and my wife thought it would be great if he could stay with us for the 4 days he was visiting than rather the hotel he had booked, although not the “Breakers” right on the beach by west-palm beach our house is somewhat cozy thanks to my better half’s taste in style.

Mike would you like a coffee? No doubt brother I replied as James started purring some in my Patriots Cup, Grown up by Dedham, MA just 10 minutes east of The Foxboro stadium home to the Patriots and New England revolution it was a no brainer they were my team, I always liked the pats even back in the day before The golden boy Brady took the reins.

Kate, my wife will be getting out of work a little late today thanks to couple new patience that she will have to process in her clinic therefore I offered to take James for a scenic tour over the shore line from Miami up to Daytona and back, actually it was an excuse or shall I say something I was looking forward to. ever since I started with the airlines, being a pilot is a lot of fun, however once you get in the jet…

You are just an operator the damn thing will do everything for you “Yaw dump” for Auto rudder control “Autopilot” for no need of human error, even Vertical calculations as to how fast you need to descent to get to your X point at the assigned altitude. Getting back in the Cherokee 180 I felt like the very first time I started flying, what a little 4 pot plane that is….Steep turns, stalls, power off 180’s, Lazy turns…Haven’t had that fun in a long time and couldn’t have been safer since James had just gotten his private pilot license himself therefore having 2 pilots instead of one who was kind of rusty made things better.

3.2 Hours later we landed safely in our home airport of Tamiami just south of Miami
After paying our flying dues, filling up the Plane with avgas and putting it back to the hanger we head out to the parking lot and into the 335i, James asked me if it will be ok if he could drive it….Memories started flashing in my head of our notorious years back in High school with our (his) VW Sciroco SC, Good driver but somewhat ruthless not that I was any better :-/

I handed the Keys over and off we went, started off nicely and quiet, I must say I am impressed, being with James back in a car after all these years as a passenger once again is not what I used to remember, he barely touches 75 mph even when the traffic is passing us on the right then he comments how the 335 has lots of torque and that it comes across as a settled car but “its quiet a rocket on wheels” he comments and before he can finish the words we get side swiped by a Black Crown Victoria going about 90 mph….!

Sudden Panic, What the Hell did just happened, did that Cop look alike undercover Crown Victoria really did what we thought he did, James turns on the signal and he is trying to stop then I yell at him “STAY WITH HIM…..There is no way we can cover this or have the insurance believe our story, stay with him James” Directed by me the old James is out off the cage, From a Cruising 6th gear state I tell him to go 3rd and gain momentum, sure enough 3rd takes us from 70 ~ 100/110 in no time, The JB2H is working wonders (JB3 on the way), the 335i screams, 120…..130…..140…We now got the crown in sight…he is doing around 125, soonest we pull up behind him sure enough he turns his lights on But still he is not slowing down, at the same time I am on the phone with 911…

911 Operator: ”what’s your emergency”
Me: “Yes hi, we were cruising along and we got side swiped by an undercover vehicle which we are chasing down as we speak by the way and the state issued vehicle plate is as such”

5 seconds later the operator advises me that the vehicle belongs to a Miami Dade Detective who got a distress burglary call from his residence and he was rushing to make sure his familys well being has not been affected and that he will not slow down…..!

After the operator got all my information we decide to follow him all the way to his destination and he was advised we were doing so by the 911 operator.
We got to his residence near “Ocean view” just north of Miami, his wife was outside and there were 2 cop cars at rest, she was asleep when the brake in happened however she kept quiet and hid her self behind the chest until they were gone…!

The detective was extremely apologetic as he was trying to calm down, he said he had lost connection with his wife on his personal cell phone and that he did not wanted to call back since he thought they might hear the ring go off, The damage to vehicle was not that bad at all, all it has is just 2 black lines in the rear left quarter panel, I have received a FULL paint job offer by the department which will be done by BMW, WOW…How nice…My front lip was always a bit off on the color it will finally look good after this is all said and done.

Life is full of experience, learn do and tell….I am just glad this had a Happy ending.

Best Regards,

Thx reading.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
wow man, great story. . .started off a bit slow but glad to hear everything turned out okay!
      09-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
iNinja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330i

very interesting read... glad everyone made it out okay in the end!

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

How fun, I always wanted to learn how to fly But a few years ago I realized that I am just too anxious to do it. Ive admired airplanes and flying since I was a young kid.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Wow Fraggy, talk about missing the point.

That's a crazy story man. Glad everything turned out ok.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
slipperman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 328i JB

maybe you should get it checked out just in case... what if you need more than just a paint job?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Wow Fraggy, talk about missing the point.
You mean it wasnt a story about airplanes
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Wow great story - you got my heart pumping and adrenaline flowing! Glad everything turned out ok, both for you and your friend and for the undercover detective and his family.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
woody2223
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 black sapphire coupe JB+

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Great story but is that cop going to give you the difference when you get lowballed on your trade-in. Sorry I can't help myself I'm just sinical.
Appreciate 0