THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Trip computer - puzzling screen

05-18-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Trip computer - puzzling screen

Regarding the Trip Computer screen, I've managed to figure out a few things:
a. 19:01 is when my trip started. That only resets if I leave the engine off for 4h or more.
b. My trip's running time is 21 min (it's a lot more on the clock, since I stopped for dinner), and I've traveled 16 mi.
c. Average of 25.9 mpg (mostly highway and I was being very conservative on the pedal)
d. Average speed of 47.3 mph

What does everything else mean?
x. What's the ticker on the right of the 16 mi ?
y. Why is there a graphic of an uphill road? Is that supposed to show the amount of gas left in my tank? Then why not a triangle instead of a trapezoid?
z. What drugs was the BMW wanker who designed this monstrosity was on when working on this screen? I've driven many other cars and never had such hard time.
A trip computer screen should be trivially understood. The fact that we have a thread for it is proof of the ridiculousness. And there's nothing in the manual to explain this !!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 10:39 PM   #2
CodySyd
Rep
Drives: m240i

Just came along to say, I was searching for this and OMFG it's a road. I was trying to work out the meaning of this triangle shape, at least now yes, I recognise it's a road. Flippin heck.

What's the meaning of the line the crosses the curb on the right? NFI. Do I win a prize if I get to the top of the street?

I too would like to know what drugs the designer was on, so I can avoid them at all costs.
Appreciate 0