THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum F22/F23 - what instrument cluster goes with what options?

11-23-2021, 06:02 AM   #1
AbnormallyAspirated
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-Speed Convertible

Garage List
F22/F23 - what instrument cluster goes with what options?

Hi:

I recently got my new-to-me 2016 F23 USA Cabrio M123i 6MT. It has very few options - just cold weather and HK audio really.

The Instrument cluster looks different than most I see on M235i's on YouTube etc. It has 4 mechanical analog gauges (speedo,tech,fuel,vacuum/MPG), and only a small central info panel that does not extend tot the right or left. Also, my car has HU_ENTRYNAV, and not HU_NBT, which seems much more common

I recently saw a video of a 6.5" iDrive M235i like mine that had the better gauge package. It was an Irish model, so it might have had nav on the smaller display.

So my questions are:

A) anyone else have this gauge cluster, and if so what option packages does your car have form the factory?
B) what options (other than Nav) would have updated the gauge cluster on a 2016 US M235i?
C) what is the minimum set of changes needed for me to update the IC? Is it possible to do it without the Fiber Optic MOST cables, which my HU does not have.

Thanks!

Dave
Appreciate 0