THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Dinmann Carbon Fiber Diffuser thread DIY and discussion

05-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #23
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Im quite disappointed with you Vinny, You can't do that!

Buy 435i Akrapovic Setup and install it please haha.

Still about 1 week away from receiving my diffuser! i cant wait!
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2016, 05:54 AM   #24
r14ull
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyy View Post
I am able to fit a 110mm pipe. Picture attached.
Wow - Best rear end i have seen!

Where did you get the Exhaust Tips Vinny?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #25
vinnyy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6

Got the tips from aliexpress. It's about US $150 shipped from Hong Kong (2 days free shipping).
63 Inlet 100 outlet (or 110 outlet). Quality is extremely high
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2016, 02:02 AM   #26
DINMANN
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw f80m3 2015

Quote:
Got the tips from aliexpress. It's about US $150 shipped from Hong Kong (2 days free shipping).
just make sure to clear it, so it well last u longer, they don't clear it that good from china.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2016, 02:04 AM   #27
DINMANN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
Im quite disappointed with you Vinny, You can't do that!

Buy 435i Akrapovic Setup and install it please haha.

Still about 1 week away from receiving my diffuser! i cant wait!
on the way bud, but damn shipping 317$ for fedex, I'm in the wrong business
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #28
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINMANN View Post
on the way bud, but damn shipping 317$ for fedex, I'm in the wrong business
I thank you very much, Will pay you back shortly!
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #29
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Do you have a link to these ..? Thnx
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 07:56 AM   #30
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

People wanting to buy Akrapovic Tips when they dont have the system...

You guys planning on buy M2 Badges also?
Appreciate 2
Taunto281.50
      05-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #31
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
People wanting to buy Akrapovic Tips when they dont have the system...

You guys planning on buy M2 Badges also?
I was thinking M8 badges, as in u wot m8.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #32
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
I was thinking M8 badges, as in u wot m8.
Aware?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #33
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

I actually just got appreciated for a post here and thought id comment.

Not to sure how others who purchased this diffuser feel, But the Weave isn't great and the fitment wasn't so great either... I got it and there was parts of clear coat blobbed out where it wasn't shiny and all rough

Being one of the most expensive diffusers for our cars wouldve thought it would be up there apart from its aggressive looks... Also the box inside said it came from some company made in china not USA made as stated on their website...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #34
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

Weave is perfect on mine. Its made in the USA. the box might not be. The fitment isnt as tight as OEM. Overall worth it to me. i will trade a slightly off fitment for the look. its by far the most aggressive one on the market. No one can see the slight off fitment unless you get down and inspect it.
      06-25-2016, 02:10 AM   #35
DINMANN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually just got appreciated for a post here and thought id comment.

Not to sure how others who purchased this diffuser feel, But the Weave isn't great and the fitment wasn't so great either... I got it and there was parts of clear coat blobbed out where it wasn't shiny and all rough

Being one of the most expensive diffusers for our cars wouldve thought it would be up there apart from its aggressive looks... Also the box inside said it came from some company made in china not USA made as stated on their website...
I drop the parts to a company that ship the parts for us, I have no idea what box they are using. if they using china boxes or USA, lol.

it takes us about 2-3 weeks for us to make the parts sometimes more when we are very busy, but when I get emailed every other day from customers that want updates is hard. i have started to tell costumers now, if they want to rush me on the work, they are better of not buying at all. is just hard to work all day, and come home at night and need to tell step by step what i did on the parts.
when u make parts this big with so many clips, and is not plastic u have to make the clips bigger, the plastic can be bend and pushed in, u cant do that with fiberglass and carbon fiber. is not just slap on and done. we always at our shop take of the bumper side skirts, put the parts on it see if there is a space and make it fit, sometimes by sanding or reinforcement the clips on the back. some stuff i don't want to even go in to it, because then I'm teaching other companies how to make the parts to fit better. but if a customer who has my parts call me or email me i tell them step by step.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #36
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I drop the parts to a company that ship the parts for us, I have no idea what box they are using. if they using china boxes or USA, lol.

it takes us about 2-3 weeks for us to make the parts sometimes more when we are very busy, but when I get emailed every other day from customers that want updates is hard. i have started to tell costumers now, if they want to rush me on the work, they are better of not buying at all. is just hard to work all day, and come home at night and need to tell step by step what i did on the parts.
when u make parts this big with so many clips, and is not plastic u have to make the clips bigger, the plastic can be bend and pushed in, u cant do that with fiberglass and carbon fiber. is not just slap on and done. we always at our shop take of the bumper side skirts, put the parts on it see if there is a space and make it fit, sometimes by sanding or reinforcement the clips on the back. some stuff i don't want to even go in to it, because then I'm teaching other companies how to make the parts to fit better. but if a customer who has my parts call me or email me i tell them step by step.
That is understandable. You did even offer for a refund.

Very nice bloke Dinmann service is, I can only speak for myself though and what was given to me but upon further inspection from other guys with the same Diffuser (pics) installed the weave looks not so great either.

But overall its an aggressive diffuser just upclose and having a good look at it, it doesn't look that great is all
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #37
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:

Customer service is part of the job, if your understaffed then hire someone, or fix your business model. Sorry to be rude but whining in a fourm about your customers prob won't increase your business.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #38
DINMANN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Customer service is part of the job, if your understaffed then hire someone, or fix your business model. Sorry to be rude but whining in a fourm about your customers prob won't increase your business.
You not rude at all, yes customer service is part of a business, and I'm not whining about anything, I'm sure most people by now see, I don't do political correctness, I say like it is. this is why I'm changing the way I try to help customers with our parts. I'm very hands on with our product, also my number is not a google number that can be changed, or not answer half of the time. I don't hid from my customers, any one is welcome to call me for idea and help at any time.
but 1 thing is I don't do rapports, when I say 3 weeks is 3 weeks, please don't pm me after 2 days and ask how the parts are.
every one has a strong and weak side, that's mine.
if some one cant see that, I really not worried about the business.

here is my info again, and thx for ur feedback

323-509-7651
cannan
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 12:02 PM   #39
DINMANN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is understandable. You did even offer for a refund.

Very nice bloke Dinmann service is, I can only speak for myself though and what was given to me but upon further inspection from other guys with the same Diffuser (pics) installed the weave looks not so great either.

But overall its an aggressive diffuser just upclose and having a good look at it, it doesn't look that great is all
yes, I told u right away please send it back, when u contact me. and when i charge u for shipping then saw it cost much more, even paid the difference on the shipping cost, its crazy how much they charge for shipping to ur country. i got to find a different company for shipping fedex is way over priced. but 1 thing is, so far they have only damaged 3 shipping for the pass 1 year, of over 200 shipping going out.

Last edited by DINMANN; 06-25-2016 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #40
DINMANN
United_States
Rep

what i like to know is, can any one find out how big the space is on the 2 series with oem diffuser on, from pics i have seen they all have a space over all.
very interested to see how the oem seats, vs ours. i think the space right under the red reflectors are the same, our is about 2-3 mm shorter on the corners far left, and right. but i like to see what we can do to close that better.
who every check on it has to have oem diffuser on, that has never been removed, so we can see how cars coming from factory are.
i thank you up front for any info.
thx cannan
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #41
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
what i like to know is, can any one find out how big the space is on the 2 series with oem diffuser on, from pics i have seen they all have a space over all.
very interested to see how the oem seats, vs ours. i think the space right under the red reflectors are the same, our is about 2-3 mm shorter on the corners far left, and right. but i like to see what we can do to close that better.
who every check on it has to have oem diffuser on, that has never been removed, so we can see how cars coming from factory are.
i thank you up front for any info.
thx cannan
How are you making parts without a bumper or a car for test fitting?

Sorry this makes no sense, you could get a bumper off of eBay or from a salvage yard for a few hundred. This is the problem with aftermarket. Selling stuff without even knowing how it fits seems odd...
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #42
yatesfloyd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

I haven't purchased nor have I seen a dinmann diffuser in person but I personally love the style of it. However, they don't offer an frp version so that was the reason I haven't purchased one. But after seeing the posts about fitment, it scares me and I will probably not purchase one until the fitment is perfected or I won't buy one at all. I do really appreciate the obvious hard work dinmann puts in around the clock though.
Appreciate 2
      06-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #43
DINMANN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
How are you making parts without a bumper or a car for test fitting?

Sorry this makes no sense, you could get a bumper off of eBay or from a salvage yard for a few hundred. This is the problem with aftermarket. Selling stuff without even knowing how it fits seems odd...

Im gonna make this easier for you

I have 7 front bumpers 7 rear bumpers and 10 sets of side skirts for each M car platform from 2006 and up all oem from BMW. I dont do ebay replicas or used bumpers.

My Question is, if someone willing to help can answer, what is the gap on the OEM diffuser that has never been removed. I know there is a gap on the OEM diffuser underneath the reflectors on each side.

With that measurement we can compare OEM gap Vs our diffuser once and for all.

Last time i had a 2 series was in 2014 when we did the full kit for SEMA

there is a difference in design not a fitment issue.

(as always Professional Installation is recommended)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #44
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
yes, I told u right away please send it back, when u contact me. and when i charge u for shipping then saw it cost much more, even paid the difference on the shipping cost, its crazy how much they charge for shipping to ur country. i got to find a different company for shipping fedex is way over priced. but 1 thing is, so far they have only damaged 3 shipping for the pass 1 year, of over 200 shipping going out.
Yes this is true, Hence I have tried to be cool with the whole situation, I love the diffuser & the style of it... it looks great but there are afew things that were disappointing for 'MINE' I cant speak on behalf of others but yeah.

The fitment COULD of been affected by the idiots who took off my original diffuser and possibly opened up the clip connect part but end of the day i do say Dinmann does good diffusers it could of just been a one off thats all.

Dinmann at the end of the day, provided great service... he was a top bloke giving me updates etc offered refund when I said I wasn't 100% happy with it.
Appreciate 1