THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning MPE length difference

12-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

MPE length difference

I've been playing around with some BMS tips on my MPE and once I got them on, my driver's side tip sticks out further. I figured it was because these tips weren't meant for the slightly larger diameter of the MPE and that in the process of bending the internal spring clamps, it just didn't fit the same on the driver's side. I took the tips off and the bare pipe does stick out further on the driver's side. It's probably only 3/4"-1", but OCD rules won't allow this. This would have been masked with the MPE tips since they use a set screw and you can adjust as needed. Has anyone else noticed this? Just wanted to double check before I go cutting a bit off to even them up.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

I don't have the MPE, but I find it hard to believe that they would manufacture it with one outlet longer than the other. My guess is that the difference is due to how the muffler was installed (adjusted) before tightening the clamp to the mid-pipe. And, that it could be resolved by loosening the clamp and adjusting the position of the muffler.
Good to know that you got the BMS tips to fit on the MPE outlet pipes. Now I know if I ever decide to get the MPE, I can use my tips.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors

Last edited by PeterWT; 12-28-2018 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #3
Asw71192
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Have the same exact issue. Let me know if you come up with a solution.
Appreciate 0