THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Help!! Pdc Malfunction

10-12-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LCI

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I removed the negative side of my battery to do some work on the steering wheel and I after I reconnected negative wire, my car starting throwing different codes. The first was resetting the date and time and the second was PDC malfunction and parking sensor errors. The rear view camera is working, but the front and rear sensors aren't. Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Turned on the car this morning and the code was still there. Drove down the street and the code cleared itself and everything is working again.
      10-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilax59 View Post
I removed the negative side of my battery to do some work on the steering wheel and I after I reconnected negative wire, my car starting throwing different codes. The first was resetting the date and time and the second was PDC malfunction and parking sensor errors. The rear view camera is working, but the front and rear sensors aren't. Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Turned on the car this morning and the code was still there. Drove down the street and the code cleared itself and everything is working again.
Literally did this exact same thing last year when I coded first. It happens every time I disconnect the battery in my garage. The only time it didn't happen is when my car was at the bottom of the driveway. I think it has something to do with the front/rear sensors running a test upon connection of the battery and sensing an object (garage door/wall) and failing the test.

If you disconnect and see chassis stabilization that will also clear after a short drive down the street. Power steering fault however will not clear. You will need to unplug the battery and wait a while and try again... ask me how I know it doesn't clear after driving a bit without power steering...

Glad you got it worked out. I was freaking out I messed up my car first time it happened to me
Appreciate 1