THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Easy BMW iDrive Coding!

03-25-2017, 06:56 AM   #23
T4455
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahzel View Post
Well hello there,

For those who do not know, bimmertech offers coding via the usb drive in your car. $35 per coding option.... or $200 for there full set of coding features.

This seems like an much easier alternative to what seems to me like a complicated process - coding.

From my research, there are clearly more options available to code than bimmertech offers, and I figure a motivated DIY'er could get everything they offer, coded, for less $$

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-idrive-coding/
wow, a $1000 to activate all those features that you can do for free with e-sys and some research?

I'd give it to them that they made it as easy as plugging in the USB drive for some coding but not worth that much.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #24
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
Where do I buy this cable (e-sys cable?)
I got mine on eBay. This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-Enet-Et...QAAOSweW5VXGYC

...I ended up needing to resolder a few of the pins when mine arrived, after some headache-inducing troubleshooting. Your mileage may vary. There's a ton on eBay to choose from, this one was just cheap. The included CD was blank with mine, but it doesn't matter since you'd want the latest software anyway. Just ask for the software in the main coding thread, somebody'll oblige. In the thread there are nice tutorials on coding with a sweet spreadsheet on known codeable things. Here's the link: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749

You can also make your own if you're so inclined, here's a link to a PDF on how: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...0&d=1339310761
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2017, 01:10 PM   #25
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Quote:
I got mine on eBay. This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-Enet-Et...QAAOSweW5VXGYC

...I ended up needing to resolder a few of the pins when mine arrived, after some headache-inducing troubleshooting. Your mileage may vary. There's a ton on eBay to choose from, this one was just cheap. The included CD was blank with mine, but it doesn't matter since you'd want the latest software anyway. Just ask for the software in the main coding thread, somebody'll oblige. In the thread there are nice tutorials on coding with a sweet spreadsheet on known codeable things. Here's the link: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749

You can also make your own if you're so inclined, here's a link to a PDF on how: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...p;d=1339310761
Thanks!

Are they all RJ45?

And I'm assuming windows only? Can I get this to work with a VM?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #26
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
There are lots of places. I sell them and you can get on Amazon or Ebay.

Quote:
Thanks!

Are they all RJ45?

And I'm assuming windows only? Can I get this to work with a VM?
ENET (OBDII to RJ45): Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series, Mini, & Rolls-Royce
K+DCAN (OBDII to USB): E-series

Software runs on Windows 7-10. Supposedly newest launcher now supports XP, but have not tested. You can run on VM, but you will need activation code from Tokenmaster for Launcher.
Appreciate 2
      03-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #27
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I've started using the "Bimmercode" app which makes it incredibly easy. There is also an expert mode which allows you to do many of things that e-sys has.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1338157
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #28
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I've started using the "Bimmercode" app which makes it incredibly easy. There is also an expert mode which allows you to do many of things that e-sys has.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1338157
Thank you for posting this. I purchased the Vgate wifi icar2 along with BimmerCode and i had the same luck. Works very well to my surprise. I have roughly $50 in it between the obd2 dongle and app purchase. Worth every penny and i highly recommend based on my personal experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #29
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Double post thanks to Bimmerpost ios app
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 08:27 AM   #30
richtmoon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i convertible

can i program/code my idrive with this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
There are lots of places. I sell them and you can get on Amazon or Ebay.

ENET (OBDII to RJ45): Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series, Mini, & Rolls-Royce
K+DCAN (OBDII to USB): E-series

Software runs on Windows 7-10. Supposedly newest launcher now supports XP, but have not tested. You can run on VM, but you will need activation code from Tokenmaster for Launcher.
Need advice/help.

Had a tire come apart on my E93 and the spinning steel belts ripped thru my wheel well inside cover on the passenger rear and tore out my TPMS receiver. After this incident, my iDrive controller knob and buttons don't work. Display is frozen. Bluetooth to my iphone still works, but I can't change modes (NAV etc) due to idrive controller on console not working.

I installed a new TMPS receiver RDC and wired it back correctly I think. I suspect it needs coding, but I'm not sure what that means or how to do it. Want to learn so I don't have to pay the shop to do this for me.

tried rebooting the idrive with the vol control push method.... gets me back to a frozen state. knobs and buttons still don't work.

I suspect I need to reinitialize my idrive somehow. Can I do that with eSYS or some other DIY method?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 07:21 PM   #31
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtmoon View Post
Need advice/help.

Had a tire come apart on my E93 and the spinning steel belts ripped thru my wheel well inside cover on the passenger rear and tore out my TPMS receiver.
I suspect I need to reinitialize my idrive somehow. Can I do that with eSYS or some other DIY method?
E-sys is for Fxx/Ixx/Gxx-series.

ISTA+ can be be used on all BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 05:35 PM   #32
jpm5437
Registered
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Bmw 228i 2014

Can anyone tell me how I code the enchanced bluetooth in e-sys for a f22 NBT. I am new with the serial cable, any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 06:53 PM   #33
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm5437 View Post
Can anyone tell me how I code the enchanced bluetooth in e-sys for a f22 NBT. I am new with the serial cable, any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance
Change 6NH to 6NS, VO code NBT, FDL code microphone number back to one.
Appreciate 0