THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding doesnt even work for me??

07-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #23
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveslaine View Post
Yes. They remain changed. The sound does actually change, but its the WRONG sound.

Please try yourself and post on vocaroo and let me compare your S55/F80 sound
Mine sounds just like the first video you posted.... but it's pretty annoying as sound is the same in all modes even comfort....

It's nice for fun but not something i would leave on

Maybe they disabled it on the 15' as too many people messing with it lol
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #24
daveslaine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Mine sounds just like the first video you posted.... but it's pretty annoying as sound is the same in all modes even comfort....

That's how I wanted mine to sound,like the first video.

Don't know why none of the 15s have proper asd files. Even s63 sounds the same as the s55.

As soon as default value's are changed I get the same sound honestly.

Don't know of its pszdata or the actual car.

Can u post a audio file of ur s55 sound?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #25
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveslaine
Quote:

That's how I wanted mine to sound,like the first video.

Don't know why none of the 15s have proper asd files. Even s63 sounds the same as the s55.

As soon as default value's are changed I get the same sound honestly.

Don't know of its pszdata or the actual car.

Can u post a audio file of ur s55 sound?
I don't have the cable with me this weekend so can't change it but my '14 sounds exactly like the first video, but it's not very good for daily driving as there is some kind I of really annoying drone from like 2000-3500 rpm

Maybe the set some condition so that it will default to the normal sound if you try to change it

For example is you try s55 on f30 chassis it will turn ASD completely off, so only right chassis combination works
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #26
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't have the cable with me this weekend so can't change it but my '14 sounds exactly like the first video, but it's not very good for daily driving as there is some kind I of really annoying drone from like 2000-3500 rpm

Maybe the set some condition so that it will default to the normal sound if you try to change it

For example is you try s55 on f30 chassis it will turn ASD completely off, so only right chassis combination works
I've been trying s55 and f80 the whole time. Ur saying I need to do a new combo?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #27
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I've been trying s55 and f80 the whole time. Ur saying I need to do a new combo?
S55 and f80 or f82 should work. What I'm saying is that if you do s55 and f30 it will turn asd completely off and maybe they set something so that if you change the n55 f20 for the '15 models, it will turn it off too
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 11:38 PM   #28
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
S55 and f80 or f82 should work. What I'm saying is that if you do s55 and f30 it will turn asd completely off and maybe they set something so that if you change the n55 f20 for the '15 models, it will turn it off too

Wonderful
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:28 AM   #29
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Can you do a video Going wot on the s55 sound for a couple gears. Really wanna see if it sounds like an m4..

I'm already in the market for the m4 anyway but I bought a new laptop and obd2 cable to code the sound lol and I'm disappointed it didn't work for me.

Please help
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #30
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Can you do a video Going wot on the s55 sound for a couple gears. Really wanna see if it sounds like an m4..

I'm already in the market for the m4 anyway but I bought a new laptop and obd2 cable to code the sound lol and I'm disappointed it didn't work for me.

Please help
I'm out of town...

You have a pretty good 3 minute video here

it sounds just like that...it's really annoying betweeen 2-3krpm as there is some weird dronning...

You should try to find another 2015 with hunbt2 and see if you can code it.... either they disabled the ASD for 2015 or your module maybe it's not working...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #31
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

I coded a 2015 and I can tell you the M4 sound doesn't work either...

Things that won't work on 2015's too are the seatbelt dashboard warning and the M logo boot animation
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:56 AM   #32
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Things that won't work on 2015's too are the seatbelt dashboard warning and the M logo boot animation
What are your recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #33
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What are your recommendations?
my recomendation is to keep the stock m235 sound.... the m4 one sounds really bad between 1.5 and 3k rpm....i guess it was never meant to be used with the 2 series speakers or tunning cause it doesn't sound like the real m4
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #34
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
my recomendation is to keep the stock m235 sound.... the m4 one sounds really bad between 1.5 and 3k rpm....i guess it was never meant to be used with the 2 series speakers or tunning cause it doesn't sound like the real m4
So the m logo and M4 sound are hardware problems correct?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #35
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So the m logo and M4 sound are hardware problems correct?
Not sure it's a hardware problem or they disabled it some how on the latest I-level
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #36
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Not sure it's a hardware problem or they disabled it some how on the latest I-level
Can tokenmaster eventually work around it?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:08 AM   #37
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Can tokenmaster eventually work around it?
I don't think so..... I think this is more like BMW saying screw you we don't want you to play around with the M4 sound....

if you have a 14' that gets it's i-level updated to the latest, the same would happen i believe
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 03:30 AM   #38
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't think so..... I think this is more like BMW saying screw you we don't want you to play around with the M4 sound....

if you have a 14' that gets it's i-level updated to the latest, the same would happen i believe
Can the I level be downgraded? Does the I level remove the M4 sound or make it harder to code? Like why would they take off the m logo emblem what is wrong with them.

The car is an M235 at least let it display m related
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:32 AM   #39
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Can the I level be downgraded? Does the I level remove the M4 sound or make it harder to code? Like why would they take off the m logo emblem what is wrong with them.

The car is an M235 at least let it display m related
It can be downgraded but I wouldn't do it as you will lose any features/fixes that were included in the latest i-level for the vehicle... also flashing an ecu is not as simple as coding and you can actually brick the ecu and need a special battery charger while you do it as the process might take a few hours

I don't know why would they do it.... that's just my guess of why it's not working... It could be something else... Only way to tell is to see if any 14' car got the i-level updated by the dealer and see if they have the same issues with the sound and logo not working....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #40
isthar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Quote:

Pikachu - what's that about the m logo boot animation?

My '15 M235 I had coded w the m logo. I was on orig I-level. Today I got the latest I-level (at my request). Are you telling me I won't be able to see the m animation anymore? (or are you guys talking about something else?)
      08-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #41
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthar View Post
Pikachu - what's that about the m logo boot animation?

My '15 M235 I had coded w the m logo. I was on orig I-level. Today I got the latest I-level (at my request). Are you telling me I won't be able to see the m animation anymore? (or are you guys talking about something else?)
i don't think you will see the M animation but the regular bmw one
try it and see what happens

BTW what took you to ask to have your i-level updated?

Last edited by pikcachu; 08-07-2015 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 06:50 AM   #42
isthar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i don't think you will see the M animation but the regular bmw one
try it and see what happens

BTW what took you to ask to have your i-level updated?
I'll try it out later today, got all my coding sw setup.

Why?

a) I prefer to have all the bugs ironed out (I work in sw as well and I promise you, you want my latest versions at all times

b) idrive rebooting over and over, wanted to give full-sw-update a shot. Tech said "word for word we had a bulletin about what you described and a sw update should do it" (though the service printout didn't exactly read that way)

c) and for those reading... I now have a phone/bluetooth SW versions that are newer than the one on bmw.com/update (starts with 003)...
      08-07-2015, 08:37 AM   #43
isthar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hey pikachu - you might want to know that the M animation logo works just fine. Note that I code M_VEHICLE as well as the startup variant value.

But my car still has the idrive reboot haha, so time to follow up w/ dealer, likely to get some hardware replaced next.
      08-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #44
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthar View Post
Hey pikachu - you might want to know that the M animation logo works just fine. Note that I code M_VEHICLE as well as the startup variant value.

But my car still has the idrive reboot haha, so time to follow up w/ dealer, likely to get some hardware replaced next.
You might be right.... the variant1 didn't save stayed variant0

Last edited by pikcachu; 08-08-2015 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0