THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Alarm Retrofit Help

09-29-2018, 05:50 AM   #1
theteej
Rep
Drives: 330i

Alarm Retrofit Help

Hi all,

After my first DIY with replacing my 6,6 screen to an 8,8 I'm ready on now doing my next MOD to my car.

After looking around I got put onto a retrofit package that was designed for the 1,2,3 and 4 series of BMWs.
Part No. 65 75 2 448 362 Alarm System
I went ahead and got a hold of it and am just getting myself prepped to install it.
I've got the official BMW Retofit Installation Instructions however at no time do they mention coding anything into the car to enable it..
After I found this thread over in the 3 series area (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1230289) that explains how they had to code I'm wondering is it because different parts were used? as in they bought separate parts whereas I've bought the actual retrofit kit or will this infact still apply to me?

Hope someone can shed some light on this!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
matrixhunter
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X3 SI M + 2014 M235I

The alarm will need to be coded at the dealer or by someone with access to ISTA software and an icom device. You can expect to be charged for 1hr labour.
Appreciate 0