THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Back from taking my M235i to the Dragon

08-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
N757AF
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Back from taking my M235i to the Dragon

This week I took a few days off work and took my 2015 M235i to the Tail of the Dragon in East TN for a few runs. In college (went to UT) I would take my 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 there at least twice a month so I know the turns decent enough to get the car sideways on the safer turns. It was suuppperrrrrr fun and this car continues to blow me away... that being said, I quickly realized "Sport +" mode still does not allow the car to do even a teeny drift smoothly. It feels like the car is cutting power to the engine in pulses which in my opinion decreases confidence in controlling the car through the turn. To be honest, the nanny sensors on this car are far too overbearing and make the car feel way less capable, fun, and even safe (if you know what you're doing).

Is there not a way to completely deactivate stability/traction control without coding the features out? I stopped on the side of the road and googled how to completely disable (5 second hold) and this still did not seem to turn it completely off... does the car not completely disable traction/stability control, or is it just that the car doesn't have limited slip that the car still doesn't seem to allow for a smooth navigation of a turn while sideways? I'm not trying to do autocross or drift the crap out of the car, I just want it to do what I know it's capable of...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

if you do DSC button for 5 secs it will turn DSC OFF.... and will enable E-lsd
Appreciate 0