THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2019 BMW M240 i .changes? pricing?

05-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Winslow211
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M 235i

2019 BMW M240 i .changes? pricing?

Dealer said I should be able to order in July for August Delivery
The 2018 they will not take any more orders
He claimed without BMW incentives he could price me at $500 below invoice.
When will we here any news on 2019 M240i . in terms of any model changes in colors? features ? etc...plus pricing? any rumors out there ?
Thanks for listening...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 12:57 AM   #2
pickle rick
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

The last I heard (end of March, when I placed my order for a 2018 M240i) the dealer told me the only information he had was that the 2019 would see a slight price bump.

With production starting in a few months, details should be available soon. I'm curious as well, as it seems I ordered one of the last 2018s (June production date).
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 12:28 AM   #3
mr_clueless
Private
Rep
Drives: Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winslow211 View Post
How is he able to do that?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
howiegu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22%E2%80%99 M440

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winslow211 View Post
+ 1
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #5
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
Perhaps he has an incentive to move the unit. Except for the owner and the general manager (and maybe the occasional sales manager), no one knows the incentives to which the owner and BMW have agreed. As one possible example: Increase sales by 12.2% over 2017 and receive a 3% rebate on every unit sold in 2018. Note that the salesman telling you he couldn't possibly sell the car below invoice has no idea what's really going on as far as the dealer's ultimate cost of the car goes.

Once invoice prices began appearing on the internet and enough people started using them as starting points for negotiating, they began rising faster than MSRP. That's been going on for so many years now that invoice prices have lost their usefulness. This trend explains why so many dealers are able to agree to below-invoice pricing. The real invoice price is both unknown and likely to be quite a bit lower than the published invoice price.

Most (all?) BMW dealers want us to believe that we're getting something special by offering to sell a unit for a modest-to-moderate amount below MSRP. That's nice, but there's a reason that in 2016 BMW was the world's most profitable car company. That was excellent performance from a company that is nowhere near being a major manufacturer in terms of volume.

I'd like to see the Germans discover Japanese pricing - and Japanese quality, too. Fat chance, I know, with us willing to pay what we do, both at initial purchase and for service.
Appreciate 1