THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning I got taunted by a Tesla. Whopty doo.

08-31-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

I got taunted by a Tesla. Whopty doo.

So I was enjoying a cruise and this mofo in a Tesla suv/cross over kept trying to egg me on.

I'm in an 18m240i tuned and modded to probably 450-480hp at crank.

I know Tesla's are fast and honestly the guy might just as well have beat me. But all I could think was "booring" lol. I didn't even want to bother.

Am I the only one here? I'm happy to lose to a corvette or whatever the F. But if I can't hear you...meh.
Appreciate 1
Hekler29.00
      09-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloelectro View Post
So I was enjoying a cruise and this mofo in a Tesla suv/cross over kept trying to egg me on.

I know Tesla's are fast and honestly the guy might just as well have beat me. But all I could think was "booring" lol. I didn't even want to bother.

Am I the only one here? I'm happy to lose to a corvette or whatever the F. But if I can't hear you...meh.
I definitely see where you're coming from. I've been torn between getting a model3 Performance or not for a while. I honestly expected to hate it, but the wife wants the model Y so we test drove a 3. I drove it too because why not.... that instant torque is intense and it's sooo fast. It drives incredibly smoothly and the interior is very nice. The autopilot feature is the biggest feature that's interesting to me though. I do a lot of traveling and having performance when I want to floor it and autopilot cruise on trips is a pretty nice package.

Sooooo instead I bought a midpipe... lol
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloelectro View Post

I definitely see where you're coming from. I've been torn between getting a model3 Performance or not for a while. I honestly expected to hate it, but the wife wants the model Y so we test drove a 3. I drove it too because why not.... that instant torque is intense and it's sooo fast. It drives incredibly smoothly and the interior is very nice. The autopilot feature is the biggest feature that's interesting to me though. I do a lot of traveling and having performance when I want to floor it and autopilot cruise on trips is a pretty nice package.

Sooooo instead I bought a midpipe... lol
Lol. Moar noise!!

Yeah don't get me wrong. It's a nice car. And fast. Just don't see the point in racing one.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #4
zentanker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M Sport 228i Mineral Grey

Street racing is for idiots.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Certainly racing on the street isn't a wise move. Tesla's are crazy quick too. One only has to watch the drag race videos on Youtube of model S beating Demons and Hellcats to understand what instant torque does.

I love my M240i, but am considering a Model 3 performance (especially with the new battery packs under development) the next go around.

The 2er is such a nice size and with the tune it is really quick. But I hear the siren call of the EV.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 08:12 AM   #6
Jerich0
Love to Drive
Rep
Drives: X4 & M4

Its new vs old... modern gasoline engines are the biggest pieces of crap you can imagine.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #7
HaiDef
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

The Teslas make me feel like i'm in a really really fast golf cart.

Last edited by HaiDef; 09-04-2019 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:11 PM   #8
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

And taunting to a street race is so juvenile. A couple of weekends back in MA a blue 2 series with extra pops and bangs (and possible exhaust) drove next to me and rev'ed and rev'ed .... blind to the fact that I was cruising in my convertible with my wife and the top down ..... really?
Appreciate 0