THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Rim damage?

09-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
mattc1176
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i

Rim damage?

I blew a tire slamming into an elevated overpass going 80mph and surprisingly I can't see any damage/cracks to the rim on either side and where the impact was I don't see any type of dent or bend with the tire still on. Would dismounting the tire reveal damage I can't see now with it on?

Just trying to see if I need to take it in to be checked further as I would like to know if I need a new rim before I buy the new tire.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
TINY BMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive Convertible

Yes, get it checked. Micro cracks could have formed.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
Rich.Wolfson
Thaumaturge
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc1176 View Post
I blew a tire slamming into an elevated overpass going 80mph and surprisingly I can't see any damage/cracks to the rim on either side and where the impact was I don't see any type of dent or bend with the tire still on. Would dismounting the tire reveal damage I can't see now with it on?

Just trying to see if I need to take it in to be checked further as I would like to know if I need a new rim before I buy the new tire.
I would get it checks and the guys at USA Wheels in Fairfield know what they are doing.

///rich
Appreciate 0